Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 12:34:56 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Fantasy Baseball League
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fantasy Baseball League  ( 5064 )
dw
: 28

« : February 26, 2010, 12:43:32 AM »

Is there enough interest in a Fairfax Fantasy Baseball League?  Yahoo Fantasy Baseball is free and easy.  Takes 10-12 people for a league. 

thoughts?
DrewCrash
: 104

« #1 : February 27, 2010, 10:26:40 AM »

i'd play...but rather see it on a free league such as ESPN.
cu_soon_pam
: 21

« #2 : March 01, 2010, 04:43:43 PM »

I'd like to try it out.  I've played football for several years now but have never tried fantasy baseball.  PLease keep me in mind.
dw

« #3 : March 01, 2010, 10:07:35 PM »

I belong to several free leagues - ESPN, Yahoo, and CBS;  I am fine with any of them.

Yahoo is registering now but is limited to 10-12 teams (participants);  ESPN is open to any amount of teams;  CBS is also a limited number of participants.

ESPN has not yet posted their 2010 baseball challenge. 

DW
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #4 : March 02, 2010, 05:32:08 AM »

Heck I'd be down to join up.  Let me know guys

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
dw

« #5 : March 11, 2010, 09:46:24 PM »

It's getting close to fantasy league time;  we need to decide what type of fantasy baseball league we want.  NOTE:  ESPN doesn't allow Vermont residents to win prizes (of course that only matters if you do REALLY well as compared to others in the NATION).

Free League:
Choices:  live draft or automated draft (live we pick a time to be there and/or you rank players and the auto pilot fills your roster);  automated draft - you rank your players and the computer program (ESPN) fills your roster.  In this type of fantasy league only 1 person can "own" a player.  Not sure what people know about fantasy leagues do won't go until a lot of detail unless needed.  There are customizable fantasy leagues or we go with basic categories that ESPN uses as defaults.

Baseball Challenge -  ESPNs baseball fantasy league where you set your team's lineup for that day;  if you don't change the lineup it stays that way for the next day.  Only players that play will earn points.  You can put anyone in your line-up but are limited to a salary limit.  Players aren't limited to one owner.  This type of fantasy baseball is easy and doesn't require changes being made daily.  (this is a free league, too)

thoughts?

dw

« : March 15, 2010, 09:48:23 PM dw »
cu_soon_pam
: 21

« #6 : March 14, 2010, 02:18:03 PM »

I've done "free" automated leagues (football) in the past and had no problems.  That might be the most convenient trouble free way to go.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: