Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 09:58:28 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Big BFA Sports Day-Follow the Action Online
« previous next »
: [1]
: Big BFA Sports Day-Follow the Action Online  ( 4750 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : October 29, 2010, 07:55:41 AM »

Big Fairfax v. Winooski doubleheader today. Boys Soccer quarterfinal at 3 then the Battle for the Bonnet Varsity Football at 7. Shaun Corrow will be at both games for the Free Press and Messenger, and will be tweeting from the games.
You can follow the action at:
www.twitter.com/scorrow

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
msm
: 211

« #1 : October 29, 2010, 09:33:43 AM »

Where are the games ?  B oth in Winooski ?

Mike M
Dick Brown
: 414

« #2 : October 29, 2010, 09:43:03 AM »

Mike     Thanks for the info . Do the Varsity Soccer Girls play today at 3 also or did the VPA change their date or start time ?  Also, is this the weekend that the Cross Country teams run in the Districts ???      You know,this is the time of the year that I really miss Vermont ...deer hunting around the corner, last weekend of stream fishing for trout ( time for one more hike up to Sterling Pond ? ) , high school playoff games , and 2000 kids showing up for trick or treats ( where did they all come from ? )..........tell me , Mike , are there  still egg fights at the top of the hill ( across from the house where Mrs. Weir lived ) between Jr. & Sr. classes on the night before Halloween ( cabbage night ??? ) ???   
gkmcnall
: 130

« #3 : October 29, 2010, 09:43:45 AM »

Hey Mike.  It's in Winooski.  Fly up for the weekend!  Go Bullets.... Battle for the Bonnet Trophy on the line.
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #4 : October 29, 2010, 10:44:15 AM »

Soccer at 3:00pm Friday and Cross Country in States Saturday at Thetford.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
MikeF9

« #5 : October 29, 2010, 12:21:56 PM »

Dick, the girls play at #1 Mill River Saturday at 3pm.

MikeF9

« #6 : October 29, 2010, 12:27:39 PM »

RE: Egg fights

Dick, you wouldn't believe it.
(KNOCK ON WOOD)
Things have been quiet as of late. Cabbage Night has been quiet, and Halloween is almost a ZOO, as people come in from outside the village, or even from out of town, park at the school, then walk around the village trick-or-treating. Sometimes it's hard for cars to get through on the side streets and Main Street. There are so many kids and parents. The fire department now direct traffic in the center of town, and at the top of Main Hill, alowing for people to cross the road.

Dick Brown

« #7 : October 29, 2010, 01:26:52 PM »

Mike      Good things always happen when adults get involved helping out kids and there is no personal agenda on their part .  Great to hear about the involvement of the townspeople, the Fire Department and the School in promoting safe evenings for everyone during this season.
Dick Brown

« #8 : October 31, 2010, 09:03:46 AM »

From all that I have read, the results for BFA teams this weekend were terrific. Let's hope it continues this week in the semis in soccer and the first round playoffs for football so that next week there's even more reason to celebrate the youth and spirit of our school & town. Crosscountry teams and coaches must feel good also for bringing home even more VPA hardware for display !!!  Way to go , BFA!!!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: