Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 12:26:23 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Vt Elec Fairfax Substation Outage
« previous next »
: [1]
: Vt Elec Fairfax Substation Outage  ( 2124 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : October 22, 2013, 08:21:19 PM »

It appears that we may have a failed station transformer at our Fairfax 12 Substation that has resulted in an outage affecting 278 members in Fairfax, Fletcher and Westford. The outages associated with Ticket 12-1-1A are related to this event. Crews are enroute and we will know more about the failure soon. Check back for updates.
7:35 UPDATE: Crews are on site and the cause of the failure is the metering equipment that GMP uses to meter our usage. The crews are in the process of bypassing the metering equipment and placing the station transformer back in service. With any luck everyone should be back on in the next half hour.
9:00 UPDATE: Everyone is back on now. We aplogize for taking longer than we thought it would take but we ran into dificulties with some of the switches that we needed to operate. We will now work with GMP to repair their metering equipment.
8:20 UPDATE: The crews need to remove the entire substation from service to make the necessary repiars. We will be taking the outage necessary in a few minutes. This will affect another 320 member in Westford. Once the station is de-energized repairs shouldn't take very long.

Henry Raymond
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #1 : October 23, 2013, 08:33:13 AM »

We were back up around 8:45pm. I love how they give great updates on their website as well as their Facbook Page if you leave them a message!

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
: [1]  
« previous next »
: