Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 02:36:49 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  For All You Michael Jackson Fans - You Can Watch All Day
« previous next »
: [1]
: For All You Michael Jackson Fans - You Can Watch All Day  ( 7546 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 07, 2009, 07:51:19 AM »

Although I think there will be plenty on TV, you can click on the link at the bottom and watch all day.  I am sure many people are making big bucks off this memorial service - Heard that a number of those free tickets to the memorial are for sale on E-Bay:

Henry Raymond
Cat

« #1 : July 07, 2009, 11:49:33 AM »

What is being sold on Ebay is a copy of the email people have received saying they won the tickets not the actual tickets. One person has for sale their actual tickets & wristband which was not to be taken off but they did.

If you won them you had to print out the email with a special code & go to LA to pick up the tickets & wristbands.  In addition to the vouchers received via a special code, ticket holders will have to show a valid driver's license, and those whose IDs do not match the registration information will be eliminated as guests.

I found this statement from Ebay-

"eBay will not allow Michael Jackson memorial service tickets to be listed on the site," the company said in a statement. "If found, eBay will remove them from the site immediately."

http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/07/06/michael.jackson.tickets.resale/

« : July 07, 2009, 12:11:29 PM Henry »
BrettMichaud
: 37

Hello Faifax

« #2 : July 07, 2009, 02:45:34 PM »

Eh, I'd rather watch some old Flinstones episodes. :)
mirjo
: 785

« #3 : July 07, 2009, 11:11:16 PM »

It's not surprising that his funeral was such a spectacle I guess. Everything else about him was. He was talented in his time, but he hasn't done anything for years except be weird and questionable with children.

His passing really didn't warrent more than the usual celebrity  remembrance. This was over the top and irritating to the point that those who are fans are sick of it and those like me who aren't, don't ever want to see his surgically altered face again.

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
Cat

« #4 : July 08, 2009, 01:17:14 AM »

It gave the fans a very personal side that you never got to see. The real person not just the entertainer & when his 11 yr old daughter spoke at the end it was heart breaking. A little girl just missing her Daddy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K4-9pptbq8

« : July 08, 2009, 01:21:44 AM Cat »
dearon
: 233

« #5 : July 08, 2009, 10:46:56 AM »

What ever we like or dislike about Michael Jackson is irrelevant.  Whether he did or didn't abuse children we will never know, but remember this: because of his money and fame he was a target for all the money hungry out there and there were plenty.  His surgically altered face was due to wanting to be accepted by the masses how terrible is that to feel so unaccepted you have to surgically alter yourself.  His career was still very active even at the time of his death.  I wasn't fond of him but I do recognize his musical career as astounding.   He was one of the best.
Here are just a few facts for those who don't know a whole lot about him:
Thriller" is the best-selling album in U.S. history, at 109 million.
Thriller is the only album in the United States to have sold more copies than any other in two separate years, topping the sales charts in 1983 and 1984.
Four of Jackson's albums, Bad, Dangerous, History, and Invincible, debuted at number one in the United States.
Jackson was the first artist to have four Top 10 singles from one album (Off the Wall).
Jackson was the first artist to have seven Top 10 singles from one album (Thriller), a feat matched only by his sister Janet and Bruce Springsteen.
Jackson was the first artist to simultaneously have the number one album and number one single on Billboard's Pop Charts and Black Charts.
Jackson was the first artist in the 1980s to have two simultaneous Top 5 hits ("Beat It" and "Billie Jean" on April 16, 1983).
Jackson is the only artist to have five number one hits from one LP, Bad ("Bad", "The Way You Make Me Feel", "Man in the Mirror", "I Just Can't Stop Loving You", and "Dirty Diana").
Jackson and Presley are the only two artists with 2 sets of at least 5 consecutive number one hits (Jackson's first set was during the Jackson 5 Motown years).
Jackson had nine number one singles in the 1980s, more than any other artist during the decade.
Jackson was the first artist to have a song debut as high as #5 on the Hot 100 ("Scream" in 1995).
Jackson was the first artist to ever have a song debut at number one on the Billboard Hot 100 ("You Are Not Alone").[1]
Jackson's album Bad remained in the top five of the Billboard 200 for 38 weeks, longer than any other album to date.
Jackson has had 13 number-one singles on Billboard's Hot 100 singles charts, trailing only The Beatles (20), Mariah Carey (18) and Elvis Presley (17).
Jackson had 28 top ten hits on the Billboard Hot 100, trailing only The Beatles (29), Elvis Presley (36), and Madonna (37).
Jackson had 37 top 40 hits on the Hot 100.
In March 1991, Jackson signed a new record-breaking US$890 million contract by Sony. It is still the largest recording contract of all time.
In 1986 Jackson signed a $15 million deal with Pepsi - it was the largest ever endorsement for product promotion.
Jackson has the record for the two best-selling VHS music videos ever released ("Moonwalker" [1988] in first place, and "The Making of Michael Jackson's Thriller" [1984] in second place).
Jackson jointly holds the record for most Grammy Awards won in a single year. He won eight awards at the 1984 ceremony. This was equaled by Carlos Santana at the 2001 ceremony.
Jackson jointly holds the record for most American Music Awards won in a single year, winning eight awards at the 1984 ceremony. This was equaled by Whitney Houston at the 1994 ceremony.
Jackson jointly holds the record for the most World Music Awards won in a single year, with five awards at the 1996 ceremony (tied with Whitney Houston from the 1994 ceremony).
Jackson holds the record for winning more Billboard awards than any other male artist, having 26.
Jackson holds the record for winning more Billboard awards than any other artist in one year, grabbing 13 in 1983.
Jackson has more music awards than any other artist in the history of music.
Honored as artist of the decade by former President, George H. W. Bush in 1989 and another seven awards from others.
Named "Artist Of The Century" at the American Music Awards ceremony in 2002.
Jackson's "Bad World Tour" (1987–1989) was the highest-grossing tour ever at the time, with over $125 million earned. This record was later broken by the "Dangerous World Tour" (1992-1993) and later broken again by the "HIStory World Tour" (1996-1997), which is still the biggest tour ever in terms of international attendance (4.4 million tickets outside of USA).
Michael Jackson is the only foreign artist to have sold more than 1,500,000 units in Turkey with all his albums (Off The Wall, Thriller, Bad, Dangerous, HIStory, Blood On The Dance Floor and Invincible). Bad is the best-selling foreign album in Turkey with the sales of 560,000 units. HIStory is the best-selling double album by a foreign artist in Turkey with more than 145,000 units sold.
Jackson's album "Thriller" (1982) is the best selling album of all time with more than 104 million copies.
Would have been the biggest audience ever to see an artist in one city, from "This Is It" in 2009.
Would have been the most amount of people to attend a series of arena shows, from "This Is It" in 2009
« : July 08, 2009, 10:56:17 AM dearon »
Cat

« #6 : July 08, 2009, 11:50:18 AM »

Michael Jackson is also in the Guinness book of world records for an entertainer who supports the most charity organizations.

supported by Michael Jackson:
AIDS Project L.A.
American Cancer Society
Angel Food
Big Brothers of Greater Los Angeles
BMI Foundation
Brotherhood Crusade
Brothman Burn Center
Camp Ronald McDonald
Childhelp U.S.A.
Children’s Institute International
Cities and Schools Scholarship Fund
Community Youth Sports & Arts Foundation
Congressional Black Caucus
Dakar Foundation
Dreamstreet Kids
Dreams Come True Charity
Elizabeth Taylor Aids Foundation
Heal The World Foundation
Juvenile Diabetes Foundation
Love Match
Make A Wish Foundation
Minority Aids Project
Motown Museum
NAACP
National Rainbow Coalition
Rotary Club of Australia
Society of Singers
Starlight Foundation
The Carter Center’s Atlanta Project
The Sickle Cell Research Foundation
Transafrica
United Negro College Fund
United Negro College Fund Ladder’s of Hope
Volunteers of America
Watts Summer Festival
Wish Granting
YMCA - 28th Street/Crenshaw
Big Brothers/Big Sisters of America
chelseaclark
: 54

« #7 : July 08, 2009, 05:13:38 PM »

During the broadcast yesterday, it was said that he left 20% of his estate to charity in his will. 
dearon
: 233

« #8 : July 08, 2009, 08:26:30 PM »

Sounds like he  more than followed the % to charity rule:)
mirjo

« #9 : July 09, 2009, 07:24:45 AM »

I just have to ask Dearon,because I had said he was very talented, but hasn't done anything in years (meaning musically) and you corrected me by saying he was still active (I assume musically?), but other than these London concerts, your list proves what I had said, he hasn't done anything new since the 90's!

He obviously had serious self esteem issues (which is sad, he was a very tragic person) considering as you said, he felt he had to change himself to be accepted, when he was loved and adored from the time he was an adorable kid. What's sad is that  he didn't know that. Probably b/c of his father's abuse. Or maybe he did and he was just eccentric and strange. No one knows for sure at this point. His fans will always love him, the moon walk will live on forever, he was certainly an entertainer of a lifetime.

Cat

« #10 : July 09, 2009, 12:35:27 PM »

Thriller 25 Deluxe Edition
Thriller 25 Super Deluxe Edition
Essential Michael Jackson
Michael Jackson: The Ultimate Collection
Number Ones
The Best of Michael Jackson - The Millennium Collection
A Tribute to Michael Jackson
Butterflies [CD]
Love Songs
Invincible
Greatest Hits: HIStory Vol. 1

Also what does it matter weather he made more music after the 90's?  You go to any club & you will still hear MJ's music & everyone dancing to it.

I have also heard that he had over 200 songs recorded that were never released so I am sure more CD's will be made.

« : July 09, 2009, 05:45:14 PM Cat »
mirjo

« #11 : July 10, 2009, 06:00:47 PM »

Thanks for making my point.

Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #12 : July 11, 2009, 01:43:36 AM »

I blame Palin.
: [1]  
« previous next »