Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 05:30:41 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  energy hearings
« previous next »
: [1]
: energy hearings  ( 2629 )
Carolyn Branagan
: 365

« : September 17, 2007, 06:37:35 AM »

The Department of Public Service has set up five public workshops to hear from Vermonters on how the state should proceed  into the future regarding energy sources.  As many of you know about 2/3 of the energy sources now used  in Vermont will expire by about 2012. The workshops will be held in locations throughout the state this fall and the aim is to allow citizens and ratepayers input as the state and utilities make decisions on how and where Vermont will obtain energy in the coming decades.

The workshops begin at 5:30pm with a light meal and the discussion is from 6pm until about 10pm. There will be time for an informational presentation, small group discussion, question and answer session with a panel of experts, a polling to collect preferences and opinions and an open mike to record additional thoughts.

Oct. 3, 2007 St. Johnsbury Elementary School

Oct.17, 2007 South Burlington High School

Oct.18, 2007 Montpelier Elks Club, Montpelier

Oct. 29, 2007 Dean Technical Center, Springfield

Oct.30, 2007 Rutland Intermediate Schl., Rutland

As  you  can see the closest workshop for Franklin County residents is the Oct 17 session at the South Burlington High School, but you can attend any of the sessions. They are free, but registration is required and an individual can attend only one workshop.

To register go to www.vermontsenergyfuture.info or call the Department of Public Service at 1-800-622-4496.  If you are unable to attend  any of the workshops but would still like to have some input, e-mail me a statement at cbranagan@leg.state.vt.us  and I'll pass it along to Commissioner O'Brien. 

Rep. Carolyn Branagan

Franklin-1, Fairfax/Georgia

Vermont House of Representatives

Carolyn Branagan
: [1]  
« previous next »
: