Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 01:44:26 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  veto session
« previous next »
: [1]
: veto session  ( 2637 )
Carolyn Branagan
: 365

« : July 10, 2007, 08:38:19 PM »

I've been in Montpelier for the past two days trying to do what I can to move along a compromise agreement on H520, the energy bill vetoed by Governor Douglas last month. There seem to be enough votes to sustain the veto, but then what? There are several parts of the bill which are very much needed and I really hate to see the entire bill thrown out. Several legislators have been meeting in the statehouse to try to come up with an agreement the House, Senate and Governor's office can all approve.  Discussions are searching for what I call the 'common ground', the aspects of the bill everyone agrees are should be approved.  It is evident the tax on the nuclear plant has to go, but there may be hope for other parts of the bill.  The final decision is for the entire General Assembly.

I'm going to bed now. Tomorrow will be a long day and I'll need to be up early. I am hopeful that heads will remain cool and sensible solutions will be reached. Be assured that my main concern will be what's best for the people in this district.

Thanks very much to those who have taken the time to contact me.  Watch the news tomorrow for the latest.

from, Rep. Carolyn Branagan
Franklin-1,  Georgia/Fairfax
Vermont House of Representatives

Carolyn Branagan
: [1]  
« previous next »
: