Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 08:02:32 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  THIS is why people choose self protection over the legal system
« previous next »
: [1]
: THIS is why people choose self protection over the legal system  ( 5169 )
cedarman
: 370

« : September 07, 2010, 02:18:06 PM »

(Name Removed for this posting) , 22, Milton, charged with depressant/stimulant/narcotic sale, felony, in Milton on April 19; amended to depressant/stimulant/narcotic possession, misdemeanor; pleaded guilty; sentenced to six months to one year, consecutive, suspended, probation; charged with burglary — occupied dwelling, felony, in Williston on June 17; amended to unlawful trespass — building, misdemeanor; pleaded guilty; sentenced to three months to one year, consecutive, suspended, probation; charged with unlawful mischief $250 or less in Williston on June 17; pleaded guilty; sentenced to six months, consecutive, suspended, probation; charged with violation of conditions of release in Williston on June 17; amended to depressant/ stimulant/narcotic possession; pleaded guilty; sentenced to six months, consecutive, suspended, probation; charged with domestic assault in Winooski on Feb. 28; amended to simple assault; pleaded guilty; sentenced to six months to one year, consecutive, suspended but 50 days, probation; charged with violation of conditions of release in Winooski on March 4; pleaded guilty; sentenced to three to six months, consecutive, suspended, probation.

Read more: http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/article/20100905/NEWS0214/100905007/Day-In-Court#ixzz0ysBHETbS
« : September 07, 2010, 03:02:48 PM Henry »
Shadylane08
: 125

« #1 : September 07, 2010, 02:56:23 PM »

And These:

(name removed), 20, South Burlington, charged with burglary, felony, in South Burlington on July 17; amended to unlawful trespass — building, misdemeanor; pleaded guilty; sentence deferred for one year; charged with unlawful mischief greater than $1,000, felony, in South Burlington on July 17; amended to unlawful mischief greater than $250, misdemeanor; pleaded guilty; sentence deferred for one year; charged with false information to law enforcement officer in South Burlington on July 17; amended to disorderly conduct — fight, etc.; pleaded guilty; sentence deferred for one year.

(name removed), 18, South Burlington, charged with burglary, felony, in South Burlington on July 17; amended to unlawful trespass — building, misdemeanor; pleaded guilty; sentence deferred for one year; charged with unlawful mischief greater than $1,000, felony, in South Burlington on July 17; amended to unlawful mischief greater than $250, misdemeanor; pleaded guilty; sentence deferred for one year; charged with false information to law enforcement officer in South Burlington on July 17; amended to disorderly conduct — fight, etc.; pleaded guilty; sentence deferred for one year.

These kids just get a slap on the wrist when they break the law.  I guarantee they would have learned a better leason if they were caught by certain homeowners.

Read more: http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/article/20100905/NEWS0214/100905007/Day-In-Court#ixzz0ysKVWSSi
MSKelly
: 18

« #2 : September 07, 2010, 03:03:16 PM »

The legal system is very frustrating but this is also why a person would have to be extremely cautious about how they choose to protect themselves. This particular person has not only shown they are violent but due to the fact that they use drugs, are also likely erratic. By trying to detain criminals like this or confronting them somehow, a person would be putting themselves in great danger. It's terrible to be the victim of any crime but I'd much rather be the victim of a theft than an assault or murder because the fact is you have no idea what an intruder/thief is capable of doing.
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #3 : September 07, 2010, 04:08:44 PM »

Thats why I have a Glock and might I add I'm damn good at using it!!

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
Doyle78
: 46

« #4 : September 07, 2010, 05:59:24 PM »

here's one for you. in may i had gotten up early to head from my house ( i live in johnson ) to my brothers house to go turkey hunting with him. i had been out to the car so my door was unlocked. i was in my kitchen getting a drink of water when my door opens up and in walks  some one i  have never seen before. he sees me and gets all nervous and says is this so and sos house ? i say no and he goes out the door and leaves. well the so and so he was looking for lives in the building across the drive from me and so happens to be one of the area drug dealers. now this is 3:30 am, so i don't think he was going to a barb-b-q. just wish i had my shot gun in my hands when the door opened he would probably still be running.
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #5 : September 07, 2010, 06:20:02 PM »

Jim Magnan had something like that happen last summer.   He had brought his truck for an oil change and got a ride back to his house so there was no vehicle at his house even though he was inside.  He was in his bedroom when he heard a noise he went to see what it was, walked out of his room only to be met by someone standing in his livingroom!!!  The mans excuse for being in his house was he was looking for his dog that he had lost!! the nerve of some people!!

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
cedarman
: 370

« #6 : September 08, 2010, 09:58:12 AM »

Similar story right in the village. Home owner came home to find one of the neighborhood teenage hoodlums in his living room with hands and coat pockets full of DVD's.  The red handed scumbag was "looking for his cat".
I'm guessing he got nothing more than probation (if that) because he was a minor.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: