Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 09:13:31 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  JoAnne Captures A Bee Tree
« previous next »
: [1]
: JoAnne Captures A Bee Tree  ( 2728 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 26, 2012, 07:52:30 PM »

This tree had a large bee colony in it.
The sawed out opening is about 3 feet high and is about 3-4 feet off the ground.
It is one of the cedars that have been taken down at the Carroll Hill Cemetery.
Not sure how they got the honey comb cut out without being stung.

Jo

Henry Raymond
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #1 : September 27, 2012, 04:40:13 AM »

Jim Minor has the details; he arranged it.  I think Mike Willard was involved.  It would be great to hear the whole story of the colony's removal.
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : September 30, 2012, 03:13:19 PM »

Hi Henry,

In regards to JoAnne's post of Sept. 27th, I'm attaching six photos of the Bee Tree at Carroll Hill Cemetery.  These pictures were taken and provided to me by Gabe Metallo who was among those present when Mike Willard removed the bees.  The last I heard the bees were doing fine in their new location.
Jim

Henry Raymond
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #3 : September 30, 2012, 04:55:55 PM »

Fascinating photos.  it must have been wonderful to watch Mike extract both honey and bees.  They--honey bees--are fascinating creatures. Anyone know how much honey he got from the hive.  I heard that Mike thought there were about 50,000 bees in that hive.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: