Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 03:11:53 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Pond On Amoskeag Property
« previous next »
: [1]
: Pond On Amoskeag Property  ( 2621 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 02, 2014, 06:24:57 AM »

Anybody have any idea why the water has risen to a point where it is almost crossing the road on the right of the entrance to Amoskeag just before you get to DJ & Cathy Leach's house?  Been traveling that road since 1953 & never seen that happen.  Don't think there is a culvert there.  Sure is a lot of potholes to be fixed this year too.  Bad, Bad winter all around.

Henry Raymond
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #1 : April 03, 2014, 12:21:20 PM »

The area around the pond could have frozen deeper this year not allowing to water perk back into the ground.

The past few major retail projects I have been on with "outside" designers have had "roof leaks" or "frozen" drains.

The designers do not go deep enough with their drain pipes into the existing storm water system.

These new drain pipes freeze underground before hitting the existing storm water system and back up in the buildings.
The underground is not heat traced so the owners need to steam thaw those pipes at the clean outs or man holes before the snow starts melting off of the roof.

Wow, way more info than needed, sorry
: [1]  
« previous next »
: