Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 09:27:47 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Winter Storm Watch Changed To Warning W/10-15 Inches Of Snow
« previous next »
: [1]
: Winter Storm Watch Changed To Warning W/10-15 Inches Of Snow  ( 1653 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 25, 2008, 04:27:15 PM »

Winter storm warning in effect from 10 am Tuesday to 7 pm est wednesday.

The NWS in burlington has issued a winter storm warning, which is in effect from 10 am Tuesday to 7 pm est wednesday for Vermont and northern New York.

Snowfall accumulations through Wednesday evening are expected to be 6 to 10 inches across the saint lawrence river valley, 8 to 14 inches across the adirondacks of northern New York, 10 to 15 inches across much of Vermont and the champlain valley of New York with locally higher amounts possible in favored higher terrain.

Snow will overspread northern New York and Vermont Tuesday morning into early afternoon and persist through midday Wednesday. Snow may be heavy at times Tuesday night and may briefly mix with sleet over southern Vermont. Thereafter, wraparound snow and snow showers will continue into Wednesday evening in northern vermont, the adirondacks and the champlain valley of New York before gradually ending after midnight.

In addition, brisk northwest winds will develop and increase to 10 to 20 mph with gusts to 30 mph during Wednesday. This will create blowing and drifting of the snow causing poor visibilities and hazardous driving conditions.

Persons across the north country should take the necessary actions and prepare for this upcoming winter event. Avoid any unnecessary travel. If you must travel, let someone know your timetable and the route you will use. If you feel your roof may be vulnerable to heavy snow loads, please take precautionary action. Also, remember to check and clear outside vents to prevent the possible build-up of carbon monoxide gases.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: