Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 05:57:58 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  My Good Friend & Classmate, Paul Rixon Dies At The Age Of 81
« previous next »
: [1]
: My Good Friend & Classmate, Paul Rixon Dies At The Age Of 81  ( 3307 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 15, 2015, 03:50:18 PM »

PAUL A. RIXON

ST PETERSBURG, FLA - Paul A. Rixon, 81 years old, of St. Petersburg, Fla., passed away peacefully on April 12, 2015 while surrounded by family members.

Mr. Rixon was born to the late John and Blanche (Gosselin) Rixon on Aug. 5, 1933 in Springfield, Vt. He graduated from St. St. Mary's High School in St. Albans in 1951 and married his ·second grade sweetheart, Jacqueline Howe of St. Albans in August of 1954. The Rixons moved to Attleboro, Mass., in 1960 when Paul was hired as a news editor of the Attleboro Sun. He was with the organization for 38 years and served as managing editor of the Attleboro Sun and publisher of the North Attleboro Chronicle - both predecessor papers of the Sun Chronicle. Mr. Rixon became general manager of the Sun Chronicle in 1971 and publisher in 1983; he served in this capacity until his retirement in 1998.

In addition to his professional accomplishments, Mr. Rixon was devoted to his community; family and friends. Upon retirement, Paul and wife, Jacqueline, moved to St. Petersburg, Fla. Family and friends will remember Paul as a man of great integrity and character; . an intelligent, generous, compassionate man who led by example; and as a man of faith that inspired everyone around him. He will be missed greatly.

Paul is survived by his wife of 60 years, Jacqueline; son Jeffrey and wife, Mary Jane, of Centerville, Mass.; son David of Foxboro, Mass.; son Jay of Fort Lauderdale, Fla.; brother Robert and wife, Julie, of St. Petersburg, Fla.; brother Jim and wife, Linda, of The Villages, Fla.; sister Anne and husband Robert of Sunset Beach, N.C.; sister-in-law Sally Howe of Manchester, N.H.; and three grandchildren Todd, Katie, and Emma. Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Saturday; April 18 .at Brett Funeral Home, 4810 Central Ave., with a Funeral Mass to follow at 1 p.m. at Blessed Trinity Church, 1600 54th Ave. So. On line memorial & guestbook @ www.brettfuneralhome.net.
« : April 15, 2015, 04:13:01 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #1 : April 16, 2015, 01:00:46 PM »

Sorry to hear about Paul. It was nice meeting him at your High School Reunions Dad.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
: [1]  
« previous next »
: