Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 01:36:20 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Big Doings On Buck Hollow Road Tomorrow
« previous next »
: [1] 2 3
: Big Doings On Buck Hollow Road Tomorrow  ( 21656 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : August 20, 2010, 02:25:04 PM »

Congratulations Josh & Jen as Tomorrow Starts A New Life Together For You Both

May it be a long and happy one
!!

Henry Raymond
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #1 : August 20, 2010, 05:25:49 PM »

I thought it was one of those new fangled temp. barns
Jason Elledge
: 31

« #2 : August 24, 2010, 03:32:30 PM »

Congrats to the new couple!

Not to put a damper on the celebration, but, what happened to that stretch of Buck Hollow road in front of the house?  It looks awful.   Like graphite, this should qualify as vandalism.   As if the graffiti around town this past year wasn't enough.  I look forward  to it snowing this winter so I don't have to look at it every day.
monte198
: 79

« #3 : August 24, 2010, 04:38:45 PM »

I hate to say it but your right.  It brings down the overall image of the town.  A party is nice but it looks like it went to far when two vehicles (there are two diffrent tread patterns)  more importantly the operators decide to deface the roadway.  I would expect it from a group of youths.  Hopefully, the rubber marks wear away.
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #4 : August 25, 2010, 02:32:10 PM »

Thanks for the Congrats!!!

Yes everyone had fun even some people that didn't come to the wedding with the burnouts. Burnouts a type of vandalism!!??? LOL WOW I guess me going with no comment would be best.

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
Shadylane08
: 125

« #5 : August 25, 2010, 03:14:38 PM »

Yeah Josh I thought that was a little far fetched too.  Congrats by the way!  I've only got one year left before my big day!  Its all Nervous, Exciting, and a little Scary all rolled into one!
Stand Alone Defense

« #6 : August 25, 2010, 03:30:38 PM »

Trust me I know it is!! You will feel a lot better when its done what a relief!!

al brodeur
: 216

« #7 : August 25, 2010, 05:05:21 PM »

having left Fairfax many years ago, is that the Collins farm?
Stand Alone Defense

« #8 : August 25, 2010, 05:42:00 PM »

Nope, it is the Langelier farm right on the beginning of Buck Hollow rd. use to belong to Edith Ballard.

DrewCrash
: 104

« #9 : August 25, 2010, 10:40:00 PM »

I drive the Buck everyday and these burnouts are horrible. We are used to seeing a burnout here or there, but it looks like Buck Hollow got a perm of burnouts. It is graffiti.
monte198
: 79

« #10 : August 25, 2010, 10:56:53 PM »

I'm guessing not vandalism or graffiti by definition (legal definition) but at the very least a negligent operation charge would apply.  It is just to bad that people have to do this.  It makes the visual appeal of the town go down.
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #11 : August 26, 2010, 01:07:40 AM »

I guess my invite was lost in the mail.

Exactly how much do Constables make?????

Fricking SeaBees...................

Congrats, and feel lucky she chose you.

FletcherGram
: 103

« #12 : August 26, 2010, 09:25:17 AM »

Doing 'burn-outs' may be defacing the road but come on--how many of you have participated in one form or another in 'burn-outs' in our younger years? Either doing one (or more), watching, cheering on, sitting in the co-pilots seat. Some have done much worse than 'burn-outs.' Let's pick our battles.
YouAnnMos
: 30

« #13 : August 26, 2010, 10:56:46 AM »

Graffiti means any unauthorized inscription, word, figure, painting or other defacement that is written, marked, etched, scratched, sprayed, drawn, painted, or engraved on or otherwise affixed to any surface of public or private property by any graffiti implement, to the extent that the graffiti was not authorized in advance by the owner or occupant of the property, or, despite advance authorization, is otherwise deemed a public nuisance by the City Council.

Yes, I would consider it vandalism.
GamingWeasel
: 184

« #14 : August 26, 2010, 11:37:55 AM »

I dont really know you Josh, but best wishes! :)

Tire-tracks on the road are vandalism?  To me that is a little far-fetched.  Yeah, people were being jerks with the burn-outs, but as long as my roads are in good useable condition, I really dont care what they look like, as I consider them inherently ugly to begin with.  Like a scar across the verdant (or snowy) landscape. 

But they are vital to have...until we finally are able to buy flying cars. ;)
« : August 26, 2010, 11:44:42 AM GamingWeasel »

Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
: