Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 06:06:23 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  OK, So Who Lost The Roosters??
« previous next »
: 1 [2] 3
: OK, So Who Lost The Roosters??  ( 23285 )
slpott
: 457

« #15 : March 04, 2010, 06:35:29 AM »

I went to school in Fletcher and that is how we spelled it. hee hee It was supposed to be a joke. Pthetic at that.
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #16 : March 04, 2010, 07:43:29 AM »

Well, I was walking the dogs in the school woods and heard one of the    roosters  crowing.  Having just recently returned from Nicaragua where you hear roosters crowing in the city and in the countryside, I didn't think anything of it..and then I realized where I was!  I would guess that one of our resident foxes will soon make  a coup and eat rooster for dinner.
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #17 : March 04, 2010, 08:10:47 AM »

According to the State Statutes, that DOES fall within the scope of the Constable's duties.  Have fun Josh!

(I also believe you need to post a "found" poster for 10 days as well)

Thanks Trevor,

I don't know who said they saw them yesterday Bill got them onTuesday.  I was thinking of having a chicken fry... if I put out posters for 10 days to promote it will that count? (Kidding of course)

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
trussell
: 870

« #18 : March 04, 2010, 09:30:08 AM »

Chicken-fry sounds good to me Josh.  My favorite Constable call was when someone called because there were two cows in their sheep pen.  The husband was ok with keeping them but the wife felt otherwise if I remember correctly (I believe they're forum members).  I think they stayed around for a week or so before the owner was located.  I was hoping to end up with a steak dinner out of the deal.  Oh well.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #19 : March 04, 2010, 09:33:15 AM »

Speaking of Chicken Fry - On one of my trips to St. Albans a few weeks ago, I saw a dead chicken in the road near the Trevor Russell residence - Looks like a missed opportunity to me for you Trevor

Henry Raymond
Suzy
: 429

« #20 : March 04, 2010, 09:39:22 AM »

I used to have two chickens when I lived on Hunt Street.  I named them Shake and Bake.  (They were for eggs, but I'm not sure what their fate was.  I think they went at a garage sale, and probably ended up on a plate with some mashed potatoes)  poor Shake and Bake....
trussell

« #21 : March 04, 2010, 10:03:17 AM »

Yes Henry, that was one of my ladies.  They're not the brightest animals and often wander into the road.  Such is the fate of many rte 104 animals.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
ohhman
: 469

« #22 : March 04, 2010, 01:28:19 PM »

Josh, are you sure Bill got them all?  Dale came by last night & there was 1 walking in the road; guess if he's not careful he'll end up like Trevor's as this road gets as busy/fast as 104!  Don't know Trevor but maybe from what others say someone can dye the roosters & drop them off @ his house to make up for his roadkill (sorry no pun to Gary);   no eggs but a nice chicken-n-biscuits could be had.....and maybe he can send some over to Henry!
roadkill
: 80

« #23 : March 04, 2010, 02:31:14 PM »

8 Roosters were spotted in the Rec Dept parking lot at noon again today. Thats 2 days in a row at the same place if anyone wants to make a run for them. Whoever Bill is, He didnt get them roosters yet. Foghorn, Leghorn.
Stand Alone Defense

« #24 : March 04, 2010, 06:36:42 PM »

Yup I saw them today across from the school and holy crap those things are fast!!! I guess I didn't realize how out of shape I was.  : (

Anyone have any Ideas?

Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #25 : March 04, 2010, 07:04:58 PM »

It may be time to bring in the professionals:

Tyson chicken catchers could compete for a spot on the television show "Dirty Jobs." A six-man crew will clear 32,000 birds from a chicken house in four hours, working on a carpet of sawdust and chicken droppings in 110-degree heat.

Although a chicken catcher can earn up to $200 a day, nine out of 10 workers quit. As members of United Steelworkers Local 1693, Tyson chicken catchers in Corydon, Indiana and Robards, Kentucky rank among the few in Tyson's employ who are union members, company spokesman Gary Mickleson said. It is more common for chicken catchers to work as independent contractors, he added.

Henry Raymond
Judi
: 508

« #26 : March 04, 2010, 07:15:33 PM »

Yup I saw them today across from the school and holy crap those things are fast!!! I guess I didn't realize how out of shape I was.  : (

Anyone have any Ideas?
Try dressing up like a "chicken" and strut your stuff, that might bring them running!
trussell

« #27 : March 04, 2010, 09:21:18 PM »

Josh, did you try a hen call? hehehe....

Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #28 : March 05, 2010, 02:21:32 AM »

Mike, I'm sure you're welcome to keep all the eggs from those roosters :)

T-Man, HENS lay eggs and the roosters.........never mind...
Home Schooled??? (joke)
Stand Alone Defense

« #29 : March 05, 2010, 07:48:45 AM »

It may be time to bring in the professionals:

Tyson chicken catchers could compete for a spot on the television show "Dirty Jobs." A six-man crew will clear 32,000 birds from a chicken house in four hours, working on a carpet of sawdust and chicken droppings in 110-degree heat.

Although a chicken catcher can earn up to $200 a day, nine out of 10 workers quit. As members of United Steelworkers Local 1693, Tyson chicken catchers in Corydon, Indiana and Robards, Kentucky rank among the few in Tyson's employ who are union members, company spokesman Gary Mickleson said. It is more common for chicken catchers to work as independent contractors, he added.

Henry, I'm sure you are well aware that growing up on the Langelier farm I have had to catch my fair share of chickens(about 200 every year).  All locked up in a pen and running loose are 2 very different things though.  I don't feel so bad though my little brother the mighty football player couldn't catch them either.

: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
: