Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 02:42:16 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  An informal poll for the forum members...
« previous next »
: Are you planning on attending Town Meeting next Saturday?  (Voting closed: February 26, 2010, 08:39:29 AM)
Yes, I am planning on being there because I always go. - 19 (47.5%)
No, because I am not interested. - 2 (5%)
No, because I can't. - 10 (25%)
No, because I'm not a resident of Fairfax. - 9 (22.5%)
: 39

: 1 2 [3]
: An informal poll for the forum members...  ( 25244 )
slpott
: 457

« #30 : February 27, 2010, 03:46:11 AM »

I am not originally from here but why can't TMD be a week ahead of time or so and be recorded for viewing. This is done in the elementary for 4-winds and it works great. It allows the teachers a chance to review what is being covered in the class. They could be made avaiable through the library. Might help with an educated vote. We could also have movie night with donuts. hee hee
trussell
: 870

« #31 : February 27, 2010, 08:16:01 AM »

Now Shelly, that sounds like you're one of those people that move into town and try to change things.  You'd get shot down for sure :)

I kid.

-Trevor :)

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
slpott
: 457

« #32 : February 27, 2010, 09:06:57 AM »

Trevor, you are so right. Not always do you have to be "one of those" to find a solution to a problem. Met a lot of pretty bright folk up here in this neck of the woods. It always amazes me that you can do the same thing over and over and expect different results.
roadkill
: 80

« #33 : February 27, 2010, 09:22:35 AM »

Are you serious????? Record Town Meeting then play it back???????? Maybe we can vote for VPT to cover it and get it live and TIVO it at the asame time. Thats the real solution.
mirjo
: 785

« #34 : March 01, 2010, 09:44:40 AM »

So what happened? Who/how many attended? Boom or bust? I am surprised there are no comments on the forum and it's ALREADY  Monday!

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #35 : March 01, 2010, 09:57:51 AM »

Gee Mirjo,  Henry Raymond wrote a very nice summary I thought at:

http://www.vtgrandpa.com/forum/index.php?topic=8435.0

Henry Raymond
trussell

« #36 : March 01, 2010, 10:30:09 AM »

...or are you looking for the "dirt", Lisa? ;)

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
roadkill

« #37 : March 01, 2010, 05:05:33 PM »

"dirt"  ????????
roadkill

« #38 : March 01, 2010, 06:20:18 PM »

I would like to commend the woman who spoke up later in the meeting during ( I Think) the Article "of other Towns business"..  She asked that if it were possible to include or do a separate mailing of all the corrections to the budget since we all know mistakes are made. She went into the difficulty of this increddible task, that the work of the Selectboard is fully appreciated for this task. She mentioned that she does a lot of research on other Town budgets or whatever but made it very clear to me and I agree with her, There should be a correction notice sent so that everyone is informed and happy. The historical data is key. I too have been looking at historical data and it is very important to get accurate numbers. I am a firm believer in the more information you give means less headaches. So, What I got out of Town Meeting is agreeing with this woman that all of the information with changes be posted.
trussell

« #39 : March 01, 2010, 08:53:31 PM »

Roadkill... I was only poking Mirjo a bit- implying that, as a reporter, she was only looking for the dirt

I'm like a secondary little brother for her.

:)

roadkill

« #40 : March 01, 2010, 09:53:14 PM »

Thank you for clarifying that Trevor, I just have a problem with the word "dirt" being used instead of the word "Democracy".

I really would like our Selectboard to act on this womans request to provide the missing information from the Town Report and to clarify all the mistakes.
mirjo
: 785

« #41 : March 02, 2010, 05:15:12 PM »

...or are you looking for the "dirt", Lisa?

I was simply looking for the out come since I wasn't around all weekend and when I tuned into the forum I somehow missed the post (??) I didn't see it at all, otherwise I wouldn't have asked such a stupid question! :-)

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
: