Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 05:56:33 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Manure Truck Hits Building In St. Albans
« previous next »
: [1] 2 3
: Manure Truck Hits Building In St. Albans  ( 32151 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 29, 2011, 03:59:39 PM »

Fox 44 reports on Face Book that a Manure Truck has hit a building on Main Street in St. Albans - They said they will report more as information becomes available.

Henry Raymond
Dick Brown
: 414

« #1 : July 29, 2011, 04:21:27 PM »

Henry   I'm sure this isn't funny to those involved but it brings to mind about a half-dozen humorous one-liners which are certainly inappropriate for this forum .  Thanks for posting and making my afternoon a little more cheerful .
LauriH
: 53

« #2 : July 29, 2011, 04:56:39 PM »

Yeah, we had to be diverted around the park on our way home from Hannafords.  We could not see what had happened, but we heard about it on WOKO just as we got home.  It sure did attract a lot of attention:  police, fire, rescue, a couple of Guardsmen directing traffic and many bystanders.  And yes, when I heard what happened, the whole manure truck versus Chinese restaurant did bring some humorous thoughts to mind.  I haven't heard of anyone getting hurt.  Does anyone know?
chelseaclark
: 54

« #3 : July 29, 2011, 06:00:44 PM »

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/article/20110729/NEWS02/110729012/Manure-truck-slams-into-downtown-building-St-Albans?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE
Henry
Administrator

« #4 : July 29, 2011, 07:19:25 PM »

There are lots of photos of this event and I wouldn't be surprised if we don't make the national news with it.  The truck driver certainly headed that truck through between cars and into a vacant building - Unbelievable - One of the cars next to where he entered the building had its windows open and some of the closeup photos show manure on the hood of the car and maybe even a few splashes through the side window:

For more photos from the St. Albans Messenger go to:

http://www.samessenger.com/
« : July 29, 2011, 07:23:05 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Mummy
: 280

« #5 : July 29, 2011, 08:07:09 PM »

Gee, I would be so surprised if the owner of that particular building wasn't suddenly OVER Insured, just recently!
LauriH
: 53

« #6 : July 29, 2011, 09:50:45 PM »

Gee, I would be so surprised if the owner of that particular building wasn't suddenly OVER Insured, just recently!

What exactly is that supposed to mean?  Are you implying that this was some sort of conspiracy between the buildings owner and the driver of the manure truck?  REALLY!?
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #7 : July 30, 2011, 03:00:23 AM »

Anyone a South Park watcher?

The Chinese Restaurant???

Anyone?

Uncle Mike?

Do I NEED to say it?
Razzle Dazzle

« #8 : July 30, 2011, 07:29:25 AM »

I know this won't sit well with others but I hope this brings some new laws and regulations into place about hauling this dirty nasty payload around on public roadways. Spilling, stinking, leaving a trial.
Much of it looks like uninsured, unregistered equipment that shouldn't leave the fields.
I'm thankful no one was hurt or killed.  I certainly hope the driver of the equipment wasn't badly injured and is okay.
And...my hat is off to him for trying to keep control of his equipment...as much as he could.

With public safety in mind....things need to be changed.
BEFORE someone is killed!
« : July 30, 2011, 07:38:38 AM Raz »
MikeF9
: 1994

« #9 : July 30, 2011, 08:07:33 AM »

I may be mistaken, but I think there is confusion about what kind of truck it was. According to the Free Press, it sounds like it was a P&P Septic Truck, not a farm manure truck. These are the ones that pump out septic tanks and such.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Henry
Administrator

« #10 : July 30, 2011, 08:08:37 AM »

The driver of the Manure Truck is said to be 23 Year Old Archie Domina.  Today's St. Albans Messenger has an excellent write up on what was happening shortly after the accident.

Google does list a 23 year old Archie Domina from Franklin, Vt - Will be interesting to see if it was indeed a Septic Tank truck or a Manure Truck - Given a choice, if I had one and my car got splattered, I might prefer the Manure Truck.
« : July 30, 2011, 08:13:19 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Judi
: 508

« #11 : July 30, 2011, 09:12:14 AM »

As of 10 p.m., Friday, the truck remained stuck deep inside the building and workers with P&P Septic were transferring the manure in the truck to another vehicle. Workers with Charlesbois Towing were waiting to remove the truck, police said.

This was in the article from the BFP.
Travis
: 141

« #12 : July 30, 2011, 09:36:32 AM »

Anyone a South Park watcher?

The Chinese Restaurant???

Anyone?

Uncle Mike?

Do I NEED to say it?

Oh no! Not my ****ty Wok!
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #13 : July 30, 2011, 12:04:25 PM »

Septic truck or manure truck.......I don't know, but when IT hits the fan......

Wait, were there any fans in the building?
Is it uphill from anything?
Dick Brown
: 414

« #14 : July 30, 2011, 12:25:21 PM »

Mike                       You've covered two of my one-liners that I thought of yesterday when I read  the posting .....Still , much credit needs to be given to the driver of the truck ( and whatever it was carrying ) for avoiding traffic obstacles ( cars & people ) on probably the busiest corner in St . Albans .
: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
: