Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 10:18:01 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Library job opening: Two weeks left to apply
« previous next »
: [1]
: Library job opening: Two weeks left to apply  ( 4270 )
Fairfax Librarian
: 870

« : January 27, 2011, 05:43:33 PM »

Job Opening

Part-time program planner/facilitator and library assistant

The Fairfax Community Library seeks candidates for a 12 hour per week, year-round position planning programs for all ages that nourish curiosity, learning and community.   The successful candidate will work closely with the town librarian, as well as collaborate with other groups in the community.

As Program planner:  Some evening hours and an occasional Saturday are required.  Key proficiencies will include:  excellent communication skills, attention to detail and organization, ability to plan ahead, creative thinking, familiarity with and affection for social media, ability to produce fliers, calendars, news releases, and other PR material.  Responsible for record keeping for program budget.  Some skill with technology helpful, and the ability to work with a variety of ages of the public with good cheer is essential.  Additional helpful skills:  knowledge of current community resources, library experience, love of books and reading, basic grant writing.  Up to 1/3 of the hours may be done from home if desired and when appropriate.

As Library Assistant:  One to two Friday mornings per month beginning in June.  This position entails general library duties including helping patrons, shelving, and clerical tasks.  These hours are in addition to the 12 hours per week of program planning/facilitating.

There are additional occasional hours available as a substitute for other library staff when needed.  For a full job description, please contact Debbie Landauer, town librarian, at fairfaxlibrarian@gmail.com or 802-849-2420.  Background check is required for employment.

Send resume and letter of interest with three references (available by phone or email) to the address below by Feb. 9, 2011.

Fairfax Community Library
75 Hunt St.
Fairfax, VT 05454

The Fairfax Community Library is a combined school and town library with 6 full or part time staff, located in the Bellows Free Academy school building in the town of Fairfax, VT.   Fairfax is a town of approximately 4,000 and the school is PreK-12 and serves approximately 1000 students.

The Fairfax Community Library is a combined school and town library with 6 full or part time staff, located in the Bellows Free Academy school building in the town of Fairfax, VT.   Fairfax is a town of approximately 4,000 and the school is PreK-12 and serves approximately 1000 students.
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #1 : January 28, 2011, 12:47:17 PM »

Surely, there is someone in our community who would be interested in this position?!
7F24
: 253

« #2 : January 28, 2011, 01:12:24 PM »

I know of one.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: