Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 09:19:39 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  JoAnne Hikes The Notch Today With Camera In Hand
« previous next »
: [1]
: JoAnne Hikes The Notch Today With Camera In Hand  ( 4100 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : December 05, 2010, 05:44:54 PM »

Hi Henry,

I went on a walk in the Notch this afternoon with my brothers Pete and Ted.

There was not much more snow there, than here. Lots of cross country skiers and walking folk, with dogs. We walked through to the hairpin curves.

A different perspective walking that road, compared to driving it.

Check out the road sign for trucks at the top.

Jo

Henry Raymond
Razzle Dazzle

« #1 : December 06, 2010, 05:45:33 AM »

Is that last picture a relection of tax dollars at work?

Great pictures by the way!
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #2 : December 06, 2010, 06:47:24 AM »

Bnautiful !

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Dick Brown
: 414

« #3 : December 06, 2010, 08:41:51 AM »

Wonderful pictures....I know Vermont Life is a very exclusive group who would not give  credence to Jo's pictures , but these are worthy of publication. Vermont magazine, on the other hand , gives local photographers a chance...... at any rate , a mile from where the winding curves are located , up in Sterling Pond on the Long Trail,  the trout are dormant waiting for the spring anglers to tempt them with fat nightcrawlers !!!  Love that area
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #4 : December 06, 2010, 08:49:56 AM »

I intentionally reduce the photos that JoAnne sends me in hopes that someone will not try to clip them, reproduce them and sell them.  They won't get a very high quality photo above a 4x6 and meantime people looking at them on the Internet get an excellent photo.

Henry Raymond
Dick Brown
: 414

« #5 : December 06, 2010, 10:35:51 AM »

Henry   I think that's a wise practice in regard to posted photos on your site, but I know of several individuals who, in the past, have inquired of Vermont Life about submitting photos and they feel that, at that time, they were snubbed . Rather that was purposeful or not, I can't say. However , my point was that  Jo , with her photographic skills , certainly must have an accumulation of settings in her collection that a magazine might do well to consider publishing, and while Vermont Life probably won't , the relatively newer Vermont Magazine might .   At any rate , what a treat for we viewers when you publish not only her's but also other local photographers' snapshots !!!
Good for you for doing this.
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #6 : December 07, 2010, 12:17:44 AM »

Is the 2nd picture of a rock face cliff with water running off and freezing freezing from the roots of trees?

That ice is a different color so I am thinking it is.

If it is, that one I would like to see FULL SIZE!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: