Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 03:31:22 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Congratulations, Girl Runners!
« previous next »
: [1]
: Congratulations, Girl Runners!  ( 3800 )
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« : October 25, 2008, 06:16:42 PM »

For the first time in 20 years the BFA Girls' Cross Country Team won first place in the Division III state meet.  Six of the first twelve runners to cross the finish line were BFA Fairfax girls, led by Megan Kane, Hillary Denoyers, Michelle Ambrisco, Heather Peetman, who scored for the team.  They were followed by Shannon Kane and Allie Minor.
The Boys Team finished in 3rd place in the Division III Race.  The teams are coached by Fred Griffin, Thomas Pfeiffer and Cheri Audet.
The State Championships were held at Thetford Academy.

Rev. Elizabeth, proud wife of Fred
janet
: 51

« #1 : October 25, 2008, 07:47:55 PM »

WAY TO GO GIRLS!!! IT HAS BEEN A LONG TIME BETWEEN STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS FOR SURE.  IN THE LATE 1980'S AND EARLY 1990'S WHEN I WAS AN ASSISTANT X-COUNTRY COACH, WE WERE EITHER WINNING FIRST PLACE OR TOP THREE IN STATE MEETS.  IT IS SO GOOD TO SEE THE X-COUNTRY TEAMS DOING SO WELL AGAIN.  KEEP IT UP! 
I KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO RUN IN THE KIND OF WEATHER YOU HAD TODAY, SEEMS LIKE MOST STATE MEETS HAVE HAD BAD WEATHER, AT LEAST IT WASN'T SNOW!!!
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE BOYS ALSO FOR COMING IN 3RD!  YOU ARE VERY LUCKY TO HAVE SUCH GREAT COACHES.
                                                                           JANET COON
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : October 27, 2008, 03:34:10 PM »

Above, the BFA-Fairfax girls cross-country team shows off the Vermont Division III, State Championship trophy Saturday afternoon in Thetford, where the Bullets won their first girls sports state title since 1987.  Left to right are Allie Minor, Michelle Ambrisco, Jessica Champagne, Hillary Desnoyers, coach Fred Griffin, Shannon Kane, Heather Peatman, Megan Kane and coach Cheri Audet.  The story with results and more photos appeared on Page 12B of the same edition of the St. Albans Messenger.

Above photo was scanned from the front page of the Monday, Oct. 27, 2008 Edition of The St. Albans Messenger and was taken by Josh Kaufmann, St. Albans Messenger

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: