Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 12:32:19 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Phone Outage?
« previous next »
: [1]
: Phone Outage?  ( 4323 )
Willinreach
: 33

« : July 24, 2013, 09:19:02 PM »

Anyone around the Fairfax / Fletcher border on Fairfax Road without home phone service through Fairpoint?  I noticed Monday night that I had no dial tone on my phone, which I assume something happened to the lines during the storm we had Friday night.  I called Fairpoint on Tuesday asking what was going on and they said they would send someone out by Friday to take a look.....

Just wondering if anyone else was experiencing the same problem.

Thanks.
Judi
: 508

« #1 : July 27, 2013, 10:04:59 AM »

We lost our phone service a couple weeks ago during another storm. When I called Fairpoint they said to check to see if we had a dial tone in the box leading from the pole to the house. We did which meant it was inside our house. We called an electricion and he discovered a fried inside line and redirected through an old modem line. Be sure to check for a dial tone to see if your problem is on the pole which is Fairpoints problem to fix at no cost or inside which is yours.
Razzle Dazzle

« #2 : July 27, 2013, 10:24:54 AM »

We lost our phone service a couple weeks ago during another storm. When I called Fairpoint they said to check to see if we had a dial tone in the box leading from the pole to the house.
How do you do that?
Judi
: 508

« #3 : July 27, 2013, 01:23:53 PM »

Take a phone that has a phone cable with a snap plug on the end and either on the telephone pole box or at the main telephone box inside your house coming from the pole. Insert the phone cable, if you get a dial tone then the telephone line from the pole is working. If no dial tone then it isn't. We discovered that our main box was indeed inside in the basement leading from the pole even though Fairpoint told us to test it at the pole box. 
Razzle Dazzle

« #4 : July 29, 2013, 08:02:25 AM »

Thank you.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: