Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 08:15:08 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Fred Demar Dies At Age 74
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fred Demar Dies At Age 74  ( 2781 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : August 14, 2013, 06:16:16 PM »

FAIRFAX/DEBARY, Fla. - Frederick James Demar, 74, died Sunday, Aug. 11, 2013, at his home in Debary, Fla., with his loving wife, daughters, and grandchildren at his side.

He was born in St. Albans on Nov. 9, 1938, son of the late Frank James Demar and Virginia Wharem Demar Berthiaume. Due to economic necessity he left school to support himself and in later years earned his GED and his master electrician’s license. On May 29, 1964, he married the former Earlene King. He was employed as an electrician and appliance repairman, eventually running his own appliance repair service, Demar Appliance Repair, until his retirement in 2001. He loved spending time restoring old cars specifically the Mustang and Camaro he graciously allowed his daughters to drive during their high school years. He was an avid bowler and for many years enjoyed spending time with his wife and friends playing on several leagues at the St. Albans Bowling Center. During his retirement he also kept busy for several years making wood crafts and furniture with his wife and they spent many happy years together selling their creations at craft shows throughout Vermont under their business name “More Than Wood.” Though self-taught, he was highly self sufficient at fixing anything mechanical and was extremely skilled as a carpenter and furniture maker. After achieving his dream of spending his retirement in a warmer climate by moving to Florida, he spent much of his time putting finishing touches to his new home, sitting in his garage workshop watching TV and greeting his neighbors as they stopped by for a quick chat with him.

He leaves his loving wife of 49 years, Earlene, and together they share three daughters; Alydia Lazzaro (Aly or Deedee) and her husband, Lawrence, of Milton, Janet (Jan) Clark and her fiance, Alan Lampson, of Swanton, and Stephanie Demar, of Debary, Fla.; six grandchildren, Brian Clark and wife Mindy, of S. Burlington, Benjamin Clark, of Swanton, Courtney Butterfield, of Winter Park, Fla., Angela Lazzaro and Laura Lazzaro, of Milton, and Jacob Gavora, of Debary, Fla. He also leaves a great-grandson, Bradley Clark, of South Burlington.

He is also survived by his sister Olive Sloan, of Fletcher, sister-in-law Arrietta (Duffy) Demar, of St. Albans, sister Patty Meigs, of St. Johnsbury, sister-in-law Betty Potvin of Worcester, Mass., sister in-law Barbara Carpentier and her husband, Thomas, sister in-law Joyce Giroux, brothers in-law; Francis Walker and Roland Oliver, and sister in-law Holly King all of St. Albans, brother in-law Michael King and his wife, Cheryl of Highgate, special niece Virginia (Jeanne) King, of St. Albans, ex son in-law Brian Clark, of St. Albans, and over sixty nieces and nephews.

In addition to his parents, he was also predeceased by his brothers; William (Bill) Demar and Frank (Bozo) Demar and his wife Mary, his sisters; Melda (Maggie) Gabaree and her husband Kenneth and Alice Commo and her husband Leonard, mother and father in-law, Morton and Alydia King, brother in-laws; Lawrence Sloan, James Longley, Morton King Jr., Wendell King and Raymond Giroux, sister in-laws; Sally Walker and Norma Oliver.

Per his wishes, a private memorial will be celebrated at his home in Debary, Fla., with his wife, daughters, and grandchildren on Friday, Aug. 16, 2013.

For those who wish, expressions of condolence or sharing of memories may be sent to the family at 376 Sweetwater Springs Street, Debary, FL 32713 or memorial contributions in Fred’s name may be made to your local American Cancer Society.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : August 14, 2013, 07:28:15 PM »

Fred used to service my airconditioners every year.  Missed him when he stopped doing it.  He was very reasonable also.  My sympathy to Fred's Family and friends.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: