Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 05:09:29 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Leash laws
« previous next »
: [1] 2
: Leash laws  ( 10884 )
hcargill
: 15

« : November 14, 2011, 03:18:52 PM »

Hi
I am just wondering is there a leash law is Fairfax??
« : November 14, 2011, 07:33:04 PM Henry »
trussell
: 870

« #1 : November 14, 2011, 04:23:29 PM »

There's no ordinance stating that dogs need to be on a leash, only that dogs need to be kept within their owner's property, under the owners control, and can't bark too much.

Josh probably has it better memorized then I do though...

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
hcargill

« #2 : November 15, 2011, 06:52:41 AM »

Thanks for info!
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« #3 : November 15, 2011, 09:56:49 AM »

Having issues? - Curious to see the results of your attempts to remedy these issues.  Sometimes it's a catch 22 with barking dogs - dogs left out at night can be HUGE nuissance in terms of quality of sleep - yet they more than likely thwart thieves.

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #4 : November 15, 2011, 10:33:55 AM »

Yes Trevor is right, there is not a leash statute but there is a "running at large" statute for dogs in the town of Fairfax.  Dogs must be in control of their owners at all times while not on the owners property and yes barking is covered also.  I'm pretty sure the fines for this offense were just raised by the selectboard and there are no warnings to be issued anymore either.  What the fines are now?... I don't know I was never informed, but I'm sure that someone at the town office would know if you called them.
« : November 15, 2011, 10:35:36 AM FXDHS »

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
trussell

« #5 : November 15, 2011, 11:06:47 AM »

"Dogs must be in control of their owners"

I think you meant "Dogs must be within their owners' control.  Hehehe.... But thanks for clarifying.  I used to refer to it as the "Keep your dog on your own %$^! property" rule :)

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
Stand Alone Defense

« #6 : November 15, 2011, 12:19:24 PM »

LMAO Yes Trevor!! Sorry between deer hunting and the pile of crap on my desk my mind is else where!! lol

logical
: 141

« #7 : November 15, 2011, 12:42:35 PM »

I'm pretty sure in many instances the dogs are also in control of their owners!!
hcargill

« #8 : November 15, 2011, 03:37:11 PM »

Thanks everyone!  It is not a barking issue, I wish that that is all it was! 
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #9 : November 15, 2011, 05:50:18 PM »

what about roosters??????????
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #10 : November 16, 2011, 07:51:25 AM »

Roosters must be in control of their owners, 'cept in your case, we'll give the rooster a break.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #11 : November 16, 2011, 10:23:45 AM »

Ya know, funny thing you would say roosters.  When I lived in the center of town 10+ years ago, I used to have a couple roosters show up in my parking lot and needless to say they were not quiet! PLUS, those little suckers would chase me to my car!

I also had the pleasure of a momma skunk get into the cellar of the apartment building and have babies, not once, but twice! <I lived on the first floor too>, it was stinky! Moved to a friends couch for a week.

With that being said, I just laughed about it.  All apart of living in the country.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
trussell

« #12 : November 16, 2011, 10:31:54 AM »

Actually Chris, your roosters are allowed to roam free. :)

Stand Alone Defense

« #13 : November 16, 2011, 10:42:38 AM »

You all laugh but I have gotten calls about Rosters also Ducks, Geese and Chickens too!! Thanks to Gary by the way, you are the king chicken catcher in the town of Fairfax!!

Willinreach
: 33

« #14 : November 17, 2011, 10:35:15 PM »

The people who live across the road from me have ducks and they have been coming over and hanging out in the pond in my front yard now for the past 2 years.  I really don't care....  Just wondering when the day will come when someone doesn't see them cross the road and splat......  Ugly looking things too!
: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: