Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 07:14:34 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Any Local Men Or Women Been Told To Prepare For Deployment??
« previous next »
: [1]
: Any Local Men Or Women Been Told To Prepare For Deployment??  ( 3346 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : June 30, 2009, 06:50:39 PM »

WCAX News has learned Vermont guard soldiers are in the process of being notified to prepare for a major deployment to Afghanistan. Family members are telling us that guard soldiers started getting notification by e-mail starting last Friday.  Are there any of our local young men & women being notified??  I know we have a few that were expecting to be called up in 2010 or before.

« : June 30, 2009, 07:03:42 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #1 : July 02, 2009, 06:20:13 AM »

I have heard nothing from anybody, but General Michael Dubie will speak Thursday at 2:30 p.m. about what is in store for the 86th Infantry Brigade Combat Teams.

Henry Raymond
mirjo
: 785

« #2 : July 02, 2009, 01:58:56 PM »

I know three 2008 BFA grads are supposed to be going with this group...I heard this from my friendship with the 2 of the moms prior to the official announcement.

These young men are my son's friends and and are former football players: Anthony Mapes, Jake Langelier, and Sam Graves. It sends chills up my back to think of them being deployed. Tim Hodet, one of the Scout Masters of FairfaxTroup 853 is also going. At the Eagle Scout ceremony a few weeks ago, he said as much. I think in Tim's case he volunteered to go. I'm not sure if this is his second or third tour in Afghanistan.

Fairfax will have quite a few over there in the thick of it (again?) I am not sure how many we had deployed in Iraq and Afghanistan a few years ago, I know there were several, however I think most were older, not 18-19 y/o like the 3 mentioned above.

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
Henry
Administrator

« #3 : July 04, 2009, 08:40:30 AM »

Above is a photo of five 2008 graduates from BFA Fairfax who joined the service - I have received word unofficially that two of them are definitely being deployed, but not sure whether their names should be mentioned or not.  We are certainly proud of these young men as well as all of the other men and women serving our country.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: