Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 11:05:09 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  An Offer I Can't Refuse
« previous next »
: [1]
: An Offer I Can't Refuse  ( 7601 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 01, 2009, 11:39:57 AM »

I received a call a short while ago from Tom Snyder, one of our firemen and Fairfax residents, who asked me if I still wanted to go down at the foot of Fairfax Falls via the CVPS road.  Well, I sure do and Tom has offered to drive me down there.  I know, to many of you, this may not be a big deal, but to me, I am really looking forward to it.  What a nice gesture on Tom's part.  We have some great very thoughtful  people here in town and I think I am probably the recipient of more than my share.

Of course I will be bringing my camera with me. 

Henry Raymond
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« #1 : July 01, 2009, 11:47:03 AM »

The Snyders are some great local People.  Kids are smart, courteous, polite and sweet and the parents are friendly and nice and put alot into our community one way or another. 

Hope you get some great pics Henry - including one of the closed off tunnel up near that picnic table.  That's always fascinated me wondering what it looks like inside.
« : July 01, 2009, 11:52:55 AM Henry »

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
Henry
Administrator

« #2 : July 01, 2009, 01:02:10 PM »

Tom stopped by and picked me up and off we went to Fairfax Falls.  The road is actually good to get down there and there is plenty of room to turn around at the bottom.  There were two cars there with some women and children and a little later a young couple drove up.  There is a mist from the falls that spreads around the area.  I had heard about the little tunnel that had been closed up a number of years ago for safety purposes as this used to be a place where some of the young people used to have an occasional party, so I am told

The tunnel has some graffiti that I tried not to get a close up of

There is a history board not far from the tunnel

The Falls & Generating Plant

The Falls

A very special "Thank You" to Tom Snyder for bringing me down there - I appreciate it very much.
« : July 01, 2009, 01:07:10 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Mojovt
: 77

« #3 : July 01, 2009, 06:35:41 PM »

this used to be a place where some of the young people used to have an occasional party, so I am told

I'm not sure what you are talking about.

Scott Day
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« #4 : July 02, 2009, 08:29:30 AM »

in and around that tunnel.

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
mirjo
: 785

« #5 : July 02, 2009, 02:15:54 PM »

Unless I'm mistaken, I think Mojovt was being funny?!? Perhaps partied in that tunnel once-upon-a-yesterday?

Nice shots Henry!

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
Henry
Administrator

« #6 : July 02, 2009, 02:49:50 PM »

I know Mojovt very well and I am sure he could give me a different prospective on that area and "Rubber Hill" as well.  It might be interesting to have him take me on a little tour of the area and let him remain anonymous to protect the "Innocent" and listen to the tales of his youth, now that he is crawling towards 40.

Henry Raymond
Mojovt
: 77

« #7 : July 02, 2009, 06:22:04 PM »

now that he is crawling towards 40.

That hurts Henry...  (:

Yes, I can recall spending an evening or 2 at the local party spots. Everyone told me I had a good time!!

Scott Day
Travis
: 141

« #8 : July 02, 2009, 06:54:28 PM »

now that he is crawling towards 40.

That hurts Henry...  (:

Yes, I can recall spending an evening or 2 at the local party spots. Everyone told me I had a good time!!

What are these local party spot things you speak of?
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #9 : July 02, 2009, 09:39:43 PM »

There used to be a "party" spot under the wooden bridge.

I was too young to go there when I would visit, but I saw it from the side lawn.

During the daytime hours we'd go hunting for snapping turtles, avoiding the beer bottles.

dearon
: 233

« #10 : July 03, 2009, 02:29:05 PM »

The property we bought on the river apparently was a big party spot as well......so the story goes.  More and more folks tell me this is where they used to party and alot of them aren't even from Fairfax???  I have found evidence of campfires throught out the property and no they weren't native american...
: [1]  
« previous next »
: