Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 04:52:28 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  vaccinate the dog
« previous next »
: [1]
: vaccinate the dog  ( 6844 )
Carolyn Branagan
: 365

« : September 21, 2010, 01:56:37 PM »

Yesterday my friend Lynn Dickinson was attacked by a German Shepherd dog while campaigning door to door. Lynn is the state representative for the legislative district Franklin-2 Fletcher/Fairfield/St.AlbansTown. It's a two member district just like ours, and the other representative is Dick Howrigan. Anyway, Lynn was talking to the lady of the house when the dog pushed his way through the door, jumped on her, knocked her down and bit her on the abdomen breaking the skin. Lynn went to the hospital where she was examined and the doctor told her she needed to have rabies shots administered since the dog hadn't received his rabies shots that were due in 2009. The shots were pretty painful, especially since her abdomen had been bruised. I spoke with Lynn this morning.........she's home and in good spirits, but plans to take it easy today.

Please make sure your animals are up to date on all their shots. You could save someone some painful treatments.

Rep. Carolyn Branagan
Franklin-1 Fairfax/Georgia
Vermont House of Representatives

Carolyn Branagan
David Shea
: 471

« #1 : September 21, 2010, 08:41:54 PM »

Sound like a great opportunity for a new bill for the upcoming legislative session.  Maybe yourself and Chris could co-sponsor it?  The fines could help plug the $160 million budget deficit the state faces.  Mmm...

That would make me sleep a lot better along with the continual update of VSP reports that I get here on VT Grandpa.
MikeF9
: 1994

« #2 : September 21, 2010, 10:17:57 PM »

Or maybe she and Gary could co-sponsor it.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
cedarman
: 370

« #3 : September 22, 2010, 03:28:38 PM »

just what we need - more laws. :(
slpott
: 457

« #4 : September 22, 2010, 04:41:58 PM »

Haven't we been there and done that already?
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #5 : October 21, 2010, 02:51:29 PM »

Our doggie goes every year to the sponsored rabies clinic at the town garage in Fairfax.  It is unfortunate that some people neglect their responsibilities as a pet owner.  It is also unfortunate that some people neglect their responsiblities as a parent; can we fine them too. :-)

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
trussell
: 870

« #6 : October 21, 2010, 03:21:40 PM »

Actually there already IS a law that dogs ned to be vaccinated against rabies- sort of.  State law dictates that all dogs must be licensed and a requirement of licensing is that a current rabies vacciantion certificate be supplied.

The problem is the enforcement of it... Short of going door to door, there's no easy way to make sure all dogs are licensed.  Oh well.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #7 : October 24, 2010, 03:17:29 PM »

Amen

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #8 : October 24, 2010, 07:09:53 PM »

I KNOW THAT DOG if you want it to stop and leave you alone you have to carry doggy treats with you then he is your his best friend when I was leaving the home I saw the meter reader coming up and I gave her  a fist full of them so she didnt get hit
trussell
: 870

« #9 : November 02, 2010, 05:05:51 PM »

you have to carry doggy treats

Or a club made of ash.  Sorry Josh, that's one thing I didn't give back after my Constable days ;)

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #10 : November 03, 2010, 10:40:16 AM »

No worries Trevor 6 years active military and 3 years in Law enforcement I have plenty of goodies!!!

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
: [1]  
« previous next »
: