Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 10:35:35 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Vermont Wants A Correction From Dr. Phil
« previous next »
: [1]
: Vermont Wants A Correction From Dr. Phil  ( 2419 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : December 18, 2008, 02:18:04 PM »

On Friday Dr. Phil did a show called 911 nightmares. He said Vermont does not require training for 911 call takers. That claim sparked a big response from worried viewers who called the state to complain.

But it turns out Dr. Phil is wrong-- the state has training programs for all 153 call takers. They have to be nationally certified and adhere annually to continuing education requirements.

Read the whole article on Channel 3 News:

Henry Raymond
MikeF9
: 1994

« #1 : December 18, 2008, 11:26:34 PM »

Dr. Phil is only the talking head of a larger group of people. The people behind the scenes do all the prep work-getting the facts, doing the leg work, gathering all the information, then compiling it for him.
One of the staff people goofed, and Dr. Phil reported what was there.
Someone didn't do their homework correctly.
And because shows are taped so far in advance, you won't see a retraction until February.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : December 22, 2008, 09:05:57 AM »

Channel 3 News reports that Producers of the show have apologized and, say Dr. Phil will issue an on-air retraction soon.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: