Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 02:42:26 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  FLETCHER ELEMENTARY SCHOOL MISSING 14 PAIRS SNOWSHOES
« previous next »
: [1]
: FLETCHER ELEMENTARY SCHOOL MISSING 14 PAIRS SNOWSHOES  ( 2819 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : January 22, 2005, 07:30:52 AM »

Hi All,

The above photo taken by Stina Plant, St. Albans Messenger appeared in the Friday, January 21, 2005 edition of The St. Albans Messenger.

Fletcher Elementary School is looking for 14 pairs of missing snowshoes that were stolen from a locked storage facility sometime last week.  A box containing close to half of the shoes was found Friday by a community memeber along Buck Hollow Road in Fletcher.  Principal Jeffrey Teitelbaum hopes the 14 remaining pairs, which were purchased through a program that accepts collected box tops and soup labels, will be found.

The shoes are blue or red children's size Tubbs snowshoes, like the ones shown above, with black numbers on the toes.  Anyone with information on the missing snowshoes is asked to call the Vermont State Police barracks in St. Albans at 524-5993.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : January 26, 2005, 07:48:35 AM »

Hi All,

I received this response from the individual who actually found the snow shoes:

“Hi Henry,
I found the snowshoes near the John Collins farm on Buck Hollow Rd. They were there about 5 days. I figured someone would be looking for them and backtrack their route. It didn't occur to me that they would be stolen. I picked them up after they stayed in the field so long, and started checking the ' lost and found ' and local schools. Fletcher was the only school with a snowshoe program. They hadn't missed the snowshoes yet. I'm glad I found their home.”

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: