Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 05:53:05 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  COUNTRY PANTRY CELEBRATES 13 YEARS IN BUSINESS
« previous next »
: [1]
: COUNTRY PANTRY CELEBRATES 13 YEARS IN BUSINESS  ( 2498 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : January 18, 2005, 08:36:21 AM »

Hi All,

Hardly seems possible that Sam opened the Country Pantry 13 years ago here in Fairfax, but that is what the ad indicates in Sam's yearly Customer Appreciation Coupon Special found in this week's buyers digest:

The photo above is a reduced copy of the ad and is not redeemable, but can be found in this week's Buyers Digest.

Over the years there were a number of restaurants that opened here in Fairfax in various buildings here in town.  Many had great homecooked food, but for some reason or the other, each kind of went by the wayside.

I believe Jim & Lena Meunier built what is now The Country Pantry a number of years ago and I'm not sure just who ran it in those early years, but I do remember that when Sam took over the business, it really took off.

His slogan "Country Foods At Family Prices" was a reality and people from miles around knew about The Country Pantry.  Perhaps the most popular over the years were the wonderful breakfasts at unbelievable prices.  Sunday mornings you could see people lined up outside the restaurant waiting to get in.

To this day, I believe certain groups still carry on this usual Sunday Ritual.

Sam did purchase a small restaurant located near BFA in St. Albans and called it "Uncle Sam's."  This has since been sold.

About three years ago he purchased "The Charlemont" in Morrisville and although I have only been up there once since he has owned it, it seems to be doing quite well.

Congratulations Sam --  Many Thanks For Coming To Fairfax

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: