Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 01:08:16 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  More Information On The Meunier Burglary
« previous next »
: [1]
: More Information On The Meunier Burglary  ( 2456 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : January 11, 2005, 07:55:22 AM »

Burglars make off with rifles, gun safe from Fairfax home

By Lee J. Kahrs – Messenger Staff Writer

FAIRFAX --  A 400-pound gun cabinet containing at least 14 firearms was stolen from a residence here Thursday.  Police are asking for the public’s help in locating the weapons.

The guns were locked in a Century gun safe, which was stolen from the residence of Roger and Donna Meunier off Route 104.  Donna Meunier is the town treasurer and acting town clerk.

It definitely took more than one suspect to steal the five-foot tall safe, which contained her husband’s hunting rifles and other firearms, Mrs. Meunier said.

“They dragged it the whole length of the house and out the door.” Said Meunier.  She also said the suspects must have put the safe on a rug or blanket, because her wooden floors were not scratched.

Police believe the burglary took place between 9 and 11 a.m., as there were no footprints in the snow that fell after noon on Thursday.

Meunier said the vehicle used in the break-in must have been large enough to accommodate the safe, such as a van or truck.

“I drive an Explorer,” she said, “and it wouldn’t fit in there, I don’t think.”

The vehicle also had a broken window, as pieces of automotive safety glass were found near the door of the house.  Meunier said police believe the suspects backed the vehicle up to the house and the window broken in the rear of the vehicle.

Meunier said that local auto body repair shops should be on the lookout for such a vehicle, and want the public to be aware that the guns were stolen.

“If anyone tries to sell you a gun, or you see the safe on the side of the road, call the State Police,” Meunier said.  “We’d like to get our stuff back.”

Anyone with information regarding the burglary should contact the Vermont State Police at 524-5993.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: