Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 11:46:41 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  St. Albans Gets $2M Grant !
« previous next »
: [1]
: St. Albans Gets $2M Grant !  ( 4961 )
Chris Santee
: 2653

« : December 13, 2011, 01:58:47 PM »

Delegation announces $2 million to bolster St. Albans streetscape project
WASHINGTON, December 13 – Vermont’s congressional delegation – Sens. Patrick Leahy, Bernie Sanders and Rep. Peter Welch – today announced that St. Albans has been awarded a $2,088,496 federal grant for its ongoing streetscape project. The grant, awarded by the Department of Transportation, will fund continued downtown improvements.

The multi-phased project includes the comprehensive redesign of Main Street and its sidewalks; replacement of street lights, traffic signal arms, and traffic lights; replacement of street trees to better manage storm water; and the construction of signage. Street and traffic lights will be replaced with energy efficient LED lights.

Today’s grant is the most recent investment in the ongoing streetscape project. In 2009, Congressman Welch secured the initial $380,000 to get the project started. In October of 2010, Vermont’s congressional delegation helped secure an additional $125,000. In October of 2011, the delegation wrote to Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood in support of the continued funding that was announced today.

"This project will be a real boost to St. Albans City.  It will create jobs, stimulate economic development, save energy and preserve the unique and historic downtown character,” Vermont’s congressional delegation said in a statement. “The city is making great strides in improving its downtown. This grant will accelerate that progress.”

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #1 : December 13, 2011, 04:29:11 PM »

Wonderful news, indeed!
tfence
: 257

« #2 : December 13, 2011, 06:46:44 PM »

hope they spend this money on local builders/contractors

We are here for all your Outdoor Living Needs.
visit us at http://feerickfence.com/
also check us out on facebook
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #3 : December 13, 2011, 07:00:38 PM »

i have to admit those three stooges can really bring home the bacon
msm
: 211

« #4 : December 14, 2011, 07:12:06 AM »

Like Rod Anode's response .. 3 Stooges they are ... and the bacon is flowing in NE VT.

Interesting how the Feds can allocate these types of funds with our  $15T deficit ....  I would think the locals would pay for down-town infrastructure improvements ..
Thor

« #5 : December 14, 2011, 04:53:15 PM »

msm,

Allocating funds worth $2 million when we have a $15 trillion debt is the equivalent of "purchasing votes". And the most iritating thing is, it isn't even their money they are using to buy the damn votes. It is OUR money.

Ed,

You are so correct.

: [1]  
« previous next »
: