Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 02:36:23 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Interested in having UVM students do a landscape design for you?
« previous next »
: [1]
: Interested in having UVM students do a landscape design for you?  ( 2532 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : August 05, 2011, 08:14:13 AM »

Hi all,

I'm teaching a landscape design class at UVM this fall and needing 3 rural homesteads for the students to practice their budding skills.  The preference is for homesteads that are minimally landscaped but you are interested in developing a landscape which would significantly reduce lawn space, provides food, energy conservation, wildlife habitat, utilizes native plants while being a beautiful setting to enjoy outdoor living. 

You would need to be available on Wednesday, September 7th, from 4 - 7 p.m. for the students to visit your property then be able to come to UVM for their presentations which will be split between Monday and Wednesday, October 10th and 12th, 4 - 7 p.m.  You would only need to come on the date your project is being presented.   A plot plan of the homestead showing property lines and building locations are helpful but not required.

If this sounds appealing, please email with your address and a little information about your property and your interests in your landscape.  It's a bit of a first come, first serve process so don't delay. 

Hope you're having a great summer!!

Jane Sorensen  jane@riverberryfarm.comcastbiz.net

Henry Raymond
msm
: 211

« #1 : August 05, 2011, 11:56:17 AM »

Jane,

I need some help down here --- can the students Skypp to FL ?

Mike M
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #2 : August 06, 2011, 05:50:47 AM »

Landscape Engineers, Architects, whatever, are the bane of General Contractors.

PLEASE teach your students to specify and spec local plants and trees, please?
I beg of you.

The one year warranty of a plant or tree a few latitudes North or South of it's habitat is good for no one.
I speak from experience, sadly.

I saw the new Anchorage Museum of Natural History landscape the other day and was BLOWN AWAY!
This used to be a city block covered with asphalt and now it is the forest and tundra.

I will get a pic of it.

It is AMAZING, if you knew what it was prior.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: