Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 03:13:23 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Jay Shedd's Crew Gives The Goodall House A Makeover
« previous next »
: [1]
: Jay Shedd's Crew Gives The Goodall House A Makeover  ( 4960 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : August 03, 2011, 02:55:19 PM »

Jay Shedd's Crew is painting the Goodall House, located on Main Street, now owned by Elizabeth & Bridget Morgan.  That is one enormous house.  Years ago Jim & Evelyn Brown bought it.  Jim was a toolmaker and worked for IBM and carpooled with a group of us who also worked at IBM from Fairfax.  Jim was very meticulous and he did both the inside and outside.  Took him a number of years to do it and he took Maryann and I through it when he was about finished.  The house had real high ceilings and God knows how many rooms.  I believe it also had a separate apartment in the back.  Don't know what is has for heat, but hopefully one does not have to heat the whole house.  I believe that the house went with the Goodall Farm that had land in back that was around the Fireman's Pond Road and the Old New Hampton Institute.

Jay and his crew appear to be doing an excellent job.  They have finished the North Side and are using the elevator type equipment to get the peak done shown in the photo below:

Henry Raymond
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #1 : August 03, 2011, 04:19:27 PM »

boy i could use something like that to trim trees
Dick Brown
: 414

« #2 : August 03, 2011, 04:53:46 PM »

Henry          Another great posting !!!   I heard that Jay does great work and the progress being shown in this picture would certainly verify that and would also make his father proud . As I view and read your posting , I'm tempted to travel 1600 miles just to witness it ....perhaps later in the Fall , I'll visit the area to observe it first hand.   96* today with a strong possibility of thunderstorms tonight.....such is life in SW Florida at this time of the year , certainly for the next month. Stay safe .
Trekr
: 140

« #3 : August 04, 2011, 06:14:35 PM »

It is great to see an old building get a new face. I am betting that research was done to give this beauty the correct covering.
Very nice
khort
: 149

« #4 : August 05, 2011, 08:58:36 AM »

Drove through town last night. The house looks great. Love the color!
msm
: 211

« #5 : August 05, 2011, 11:48:39 AM »

Quick Follow-up to Dick's posting ---   I know all you locals love to talk about the weather ---

here in Tampa -- per local weather reporter --- the Low this Morning at 4:30 AM --- was  ---- 85 Muggy/humid Degrees ----  Can you say .... Yuck !!!

Mike
mmillette
: 41

« #6 : August 07, 2011, 03:58:40 PM »

Jay and his wife do great work. I couple years ago they painted every room in our house! Great people, great work!!

Mike
: [1]  
« previous next »
: