Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 02:31:05 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Grass Fire In Westford Friday Afternoon
« previous next »
: [1]
: Grass Fire In Westford Friday Afternoon  ( 1534 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 24, 2012, 07:18:32 AM »

Fire crews were called to a grass fire in Westford Friday afternoon.

Firefighters say embers from a campfire sparked the blaze. Multiple departments were called to the scene. The fire scorched about an acre and a half of woods behind Charlands Way. No one was injured in the blaze.

"It's dangerous because we've had a real dry fall. Very little rain and some of the spots on this fire were down inch and a half, two inches into the ground where it's smoldering. Woods all over are extremely dry," Essex Assistant Fire Chief Phil Noyes said.

Fire officials say you should avoid having campfires on windy days and be sure to have a garden hose handy whenever you have a campfire. The dry conditions mean folks also need to be extra careful when disposing of cigarettes.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: