Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 05:04:27 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Flag Raising Photos At St. Luke's Today May 30, 2010
« previous next »
: [1]
: Flag Raising Photos At St. Luke's Today May 30, 2010  ( 2535 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 30, 2010, 01:13:10 PM »

Josh Langelier raises the flag as Jim Groseclose & Ed Nuttall look on

Imogene Collins was there to witness her 100th Memorial Day Ceremony

Ed Nuttall gives some Memorial Day Reflections

Father Julian reads the certificate that acoompanied the flag when Father Feltz sent it to us

Part of the crowd is shown above listening to Father Julian read the certificate

Father Julian reads the final prayer

Pete Fitzgerald and Bob Bessette, Kathy Bessette lead the crowd in singing God Bless America

I took a total of 21 photos, so if you would like to see the others, click on the following link where you will find that if you click on the photo, there is a real large version of each photo for you to view also:

http://www.vtgrandpa.com/photos/stluke_flag_100530

« : May 30, 2010, 01:19:39 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : May 31, 2010, 08:33:57 AM »

Got the following note from Ed Nuttall:

Thanks for the coutoos, but Jeannette did all the coordination and deserves full credit. All I did was to master the ceremonies. Additionally, Peter Fitzgerald came up with the idea. Please make sure these people are recognized.

Jeannette, you do a fantastic job organizing everything we have going here in the Parish and Pete, a special thanks to you too.  I also thought it was nice that Josh Langelier, a former altar boy and parishioner, with a brother presently in Afghanistan, as well as a Veteran was there to raise the flag.

Henry Raymond
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #2 : May 31, 2010, 01:16:27 PM »

Well I was honnored to be there and that I was asked Ed.

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
: [1]  
« previous next »
: