Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 07:13:29 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Fairfax Woman To Lead Public TV
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fairfax Woman To Lead Public TV  ( 1683 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 19, 2010, 04:39:34 PM »

Published in the April 19, 2010 Edition of The St. Albans Messenger

Malone will lead public TV
Accepts position formerly held by Paul Legassey
By MICHELLE MONROE
Messenger Staff Writer

ST. ALBANS - — The Northwest Access Television board has selected program director Elizabeth Malone, of Fairfax, as the new executive director.
Malone has been with public access television in St. Albans for nine years. She is replacing Paul Legassey who died in December 2009 of a heart attack at the age of 52.

Legassey had been with Northwest Public Access since it was founded in 1999. He hired Malone.

Asked about future plans for the two stations, channels 15 and 16, Malone said, "We haven't had time to make plans yet. We're still completely swamped."

Prior to his death, Legassey had discussed putting some of the stations' content online. Malone supports that effort. Most of the state's public access channels have some aspect of their programming online, she said.

"That's a big thing I'd like to look at - who's using us and who's watching us," Malone said, adding that Web usage is part of that question.

Malone was chosen from a pool of seven candidates, according to Northwest Access president David McWilliams. The board interviewed three finalists before selecting Malone.

She has a bachelor's degree in music education from the State University of New York at Fredonia.

Malone's community outreach on behalf of public access was a factor in her selection.

McWilliams said. People from around the community recommended Malone for the position, according to McWilliams.

In addition to her knowledge of the community, Malone has the necessary technical background, McWilliams said.

McWilliams   expressed confidence   that   Malone will continue to build on the legacy of  Legassey.

“Her standards are the same, “ McWilliams said.

More information regarding Northwest Access Television is available on the Web

« : April 19, 2010, 06:27:19 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: