Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 10:02:29 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Thank God For Honest People
« previous next »
: [1]
: Thank God For Honest People  ( 3694 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 11, 2009, 04:36:30 PM »

I went over to Milton to The Subway place and picked up a Sub for supper.  After supper, I was checking my e-mail and got a call from my daughter.  Someone over at Subway had found several of my credit cards that had fallen out of my wallet and they had been calling around trying to find me.  They ended up calling my daughter who is now on her way over to pick up my credit cards for me.

While we were eating our Sub at supper, I had told Maryann what a nice group of young people they had working there, unlike the two that checked me out at Hannafords.

One more thing to be thankful for today.

Henry Raymond
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #1 : April 12, 2009, 12:21:20 AM »

Excellent news on your credit cards, Henry!

But I thought subs were Grinders back there?

Grinderway, hummm.. maybe not!

Back in the olden days, 70's maybe 80's, there was a drive in place near the drive in movie at the edge of St. Albans.
It may have been the movie place, but you walked up to a screen window and and ordered your grinders.

Am I mistaken?
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : April 12, 2009, 06:43:47 AM »

I think the place you are talking about may have been Warners - They have a nice place there now, although I don't believe they have grinders any more.  I usually call them grinders, unless I get them at Subway.

Henry Raymond
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #3 : April 13, 2009, 02:56:20 PM »

They were very nice kids at Milton Subway!  The young man who called me on his cell phone looking for Henry A Raymond was just as relieved that he found someone who knew Dad as I was to receive the call.

It was a great feeling to know that I live in a state of wonderful people who would go out of their way to contact the person who lost items instead of figuring out how they could use them.

You can be sure if I am getting a grinder for dinner I will go there!

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Sue W.
: 167

« #4 : April 14, 2009, 05:55:35 AM »

Please let their manager know.  They sound like very conscientious kids.  Stories like this are uplifting.  Thanks for sharing!
Kathleen
: 167

« #5 : April 14, 2009, 10:31:27 AM »

I know some of the young people that work there because my daughter hangs out with them and they are always courteous and respectful to me whenever I see them -- while they're working or when I see them out and about in the community. 
: [1]  
« previous next »
: