Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 02:06:52 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Picture of the Day 5/17/09 and Blog-The Wild Summer weather of 2009 Continues
« previous next »
: [1]
: Picture of the Day 5/17/09 and Blog-The Wild Summer weather of 2009 Continues  ( 3582 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : May 16, 2009, 10:01:05 PM »

Picture of the Day May 17, 2009

Where the tree swallows are residing this year.

THE WILD SUMMER WEATHER OF 2009 CONTINUES
Posted for Sunday May 17th.................

I was able to get most of the lawn mowed before the rain came.
By Saturday evening when the sun came out, I had 4/10ths of an inch in the rain gauge.
Then the downpour came. I have no idea how much rain yet. I will check Sunday morning.
Last weekend's rain storm and high water.
Thursday's wind storm.
Saturday's downpour and probable more high water.
And it's only the third weekend in May.
This is going to be a wild summer.
Watch me be wrong.
Record drought or something.
At least then, the races won't get rained out.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
MikeF9

« #1 : May 17, 2009, 07:37:34 AM »

Checked the rain gauge at 8am and had 2 inches in it.
Last Saturday we had 2.5 inches of rain, had another couple of tenths on Thursday. Another 2.4 yesterday.
Over 5 inches of rain in 8 days.
And we have two weeks left in May.
Could be worse. A lot worse. Could be January and all this could be snow. FIVE FEET OF SNOW!
I will keep an eye on Mill Brook and Lamoille River today.

Sue W.
: 167

« #2 : May 17, 2009, 07:49:57 AM »

My husband said the same thing, about the snow, as we were coming home by way of West Street when it was just pouring down.  Hard to predict what kind of summer it will be!
MikeF9

« #3 : May 17, 2009, 10:18:07 AM »

As of between 8:30 and 9am, Mill Brook was high, but at least six to eight inches down from what it had obviously been during the night. On a couple of lawns adjacent to the brook, you can see a line of debris from when it was higher.
The Lamoille River is down a good foot/foot and a half from the height it was last Sunday. This means they didn't get as much rain up in the mountains, or places like Hardwick, Morrisville, and up that way.

: [1]  
« previous next »
: