Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 10:10:32 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Child On Bike Cuts In Front Of Fairfax Man's Vehicle
« previous next »
: [1]
: Child On Bike Cuts In Front Of Fairfax Man's Vehicle  ( 1861 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 20, 2007, 10:47:47 AM »

Recently a young child darted in front of a vehicle in Winooski and again yesterday, an 11 year old boy was critically injured when he cut in front of a dump body truck.  We have many, many bicycles that go up and down the Fletcher Road and they keep a pretty straight line.  I have passed a number of our younger bike riders though and have to be extremely careful when I pass and usually slow down almost to a stop when I pass them so they do not swerve into me or in front of me.  They swerve the most of course when climbing a hill and I end up usually following them until I can safely go over the center line to pass them.  Although I am not aware of any vehicle/bicycle accidents here on the Fletcher Road, it is definitely very narrow and a dangerous road for bikes.

COLCHESTER -- An 11-year-old boy was critically injured after he was hit by a truck while bicycling Wednesday afternoon in Colchester, according to police.

The boy, whose name was not released, was not wearing a helmet as he pedaled north at about 4:15 p.m. on Prim Road near the Bean Road intersection, according to police. The truck, a Ford F350 dump body, was headed in the same direction as the child when the boy cut in front of the vehicle, the driver, of Fairfax told police.

The truck dragged the bicycle about 100 feet, according to authorities. Emergency crews found the boy lying in the middle of the road, and he was taken to Fletcher Allen Health Care in Burlington. The crash remained under investigation Wednesday.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: