Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 03:19:44 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Looks Like A White Christmas
« previous next »
: [1]
: Looks Like A White Christmas  ( 3520 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : December 23, 2011, 08:31:49 AM »

Well, we started getting a few snow flurries around 1 a.m..  No heavy snow falling and the temperature is about 33 degrees.  From inside the house it looks like we have a couple of inches so far and it is supposed to continue snowing until this afternoon, so should end up with 3 to 4 inches, just enough to make it look Christmasy.  This ought to get the last minute Christmas Shoppers out, glad I have nothing to go to the stores for in the Big City.

Henry Raymond
MikeF9
: 1994

« #1 : December 23, 2011, 11:18:09 AM »

To be honest, I was hoping for a green Christmas.
Why? Just to be different. Traveling would be a lot easier. And down the road in a few years, we could look back and say, "Hey, do you remember the year we had a green Christmas?"

Not to jinx things, but at least it's not below zero.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Henry
Administrator

« #2 : December 23, 2011, 12:16:02 PM »

Well, Mike I probably have told this one a number of times before, but I do remember one Green Christmas on Fairfield Ridge - Since we already had the car down at Frank Perry's on the South Road, we had to use the horses hitched to a double wagon to go down to get in the car to ride the rest of the way to Fairfield Center to Midnight Mass.  Don't know if you have ever ridden in a double wagon, but there are no springs, thus you never ran the horses.  Somehow, singing Christmas while riding in a double wagon does not fit.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #3 : December 23, 2011, 02:20:48 PM »

Temperatures have dropped fairly repadily in the past couple of hours to 27 degrees with winds from the NW and a few snowflurries falling, but not accumulating - Yup!!  Definitely going to be a White Christmas.

Henry Raymond
Corm
: 65

« #4 : December 24, 2011, 08:12:38 AM »

8 degrees here on Wilkins Road at 8:00 am.  What litttle snow we have will be here for Christmas!

Corm
: [1]  
« previous next »
: