Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 01:55:27 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Friends, Fun & Pies At The FHS Pie & Ice Cream Social
« previous next »
: [1]
: Friends, Fun & Pies At The FHS Pie & Ice Cream Social  ( 2353 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : June 28, 2015, 08:13:01 PM »

Truly an enjoyable time tonight at the Yearly Fairfax Historical Society Pie & Ice Cream Social.  Living in a small town like this so many people that you know attend and those you don't know come up and say Hi.  I ended up getting two pieces of Apple Pie which I ate there and bringing home a piece of Pineapple Pie and a piece of Coconut Cream Pie.  So many delicious looking pies plus ice cream and drinks.  They also had the jelly jar auction with lots of items and also someone also offered to paint your house for $100.  Mary Kay brought me down and she seemed to be enjoying herself immensely.  I honestly think she knows far more people in town than I do even though I have lived here for 62 years.

Sat across from the young man whose photo you see at the top.  He and Tara Beth are such a nice young couple and operate Meadowbrook Market here on The Fletcher Road.  When Aaron first started eating the pie, I believe he had every intention of eating the whole thing right there, but ended up taking it home.

One of the things I personally enjoy about living here in a small town like Fairfax is that everyone seems so friendly, especially when you attend a gathering such as this.  It is too late for you this year, but there is always next year.  You too can also come home with several different types of pie that you can munch on for the next few days.  Mike Cain, I hope this was truly a success and hopefully we will find a way to reopen our Fairfax Historical Society Building.  You did a great job organizing this event.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: