Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 06:59:11 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Robert Basil Ryan, Fairfax Native, BFA 1951 Grad Dies At Age 77
« previous next »
: [1]
: Robert Basil Ryan, Fairfax Native, BFA 1951 Grad Dies At Age 77  ( 4001 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 25, 2011, 06:54:24 PM »

Robert Basil Ryan
(July 31, 1933 - July 22, 2011)

St. Albans - Robert Basil Ryan,77, a lifelong resident of this area passed away Friday July 22, 2011, at his home on Upper Welden Street.

He was born in Fairfax on July 31, 1933, the son of the late Basil and Bessie (Deminie) Ryan.

Bob served in the United States Army during the Korean War and then returned to St. Albans where he was a Type Setter for the St. Albans Messenger.

Survivors include several nieces and nephews.

Funeral services will be private with interment to follow in the family lot in Fairfax Plains Cemetery.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #1 : July 26, 2011, 09:03:51 AM »

Bob's parents, Basil & Bessie lived in the Luman house on Maple Street.  They died in 1956.

Henry Raymond
mikebabe1
: 4

« #2 : July 26, 2011, 05:35:02 PM »

I knew Robert Ryan when he lived on the Comet road.Then
they moved to Fairfax on Maple St
al brodeur
: 216

« #3 : July 26, 2011, 09:43:52 PM »

he also had five sisters most of which are deceased I am not sure of Dorthey though
Henry
Administrator

« #4 : July 27, 2011, 09:04:50 AM »

Al, you and several others have been trying to name the other members of Robert's family.  My records indicate that he had six sisters and two brothers and I understand they are all deceased, but here they are with their dates of birth:

Bessie May RYAN Irish was born 19 Oct 1917.
Charles William RYAN was born circa 1920.
Francis Vohn RYAN was born 22 May 1922. 
Gladys RYAN Brooks was born 14 Mar 1926.
Jessie Irene RYAN Webb was born 13 Jan 1928.
Dorothy Ruth RYAN Schoolcraft was born 31 Oct 1929.
Marion RYAN 24 Apr 1932.
Robert Basil RYAN was born 31 Jul 1933.
Marguerite RYAN Dow was born 07 Aug 1935. 

Also Mike Marshall said that they used to live up on the Comette Road - Not sure which place it would have been, but I believe there are only two older places on that road now.  One is where Pete Columb has his auto repair business and the other is the Everett King place.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #5 : August 04, 2011, 07:12:59 AM »

The following obituary appeared in the August 4, 2011 edition of the Burlington Free Press:

ST. ALBANS - Robert Basil Ryan, 77, a lifelong resident of this area passed away Friday, July 22, 2011 in his home on Upper Welden Street. He was born in Fairfax on July 31, 1933, the son of the late Basil and Bessie (Deminie) Ryan. Bob was a 1951 graduate of Bellows Free Academy in Fairfax and then went on to serve in the United States Army during the Korean War and then returned to St. Albans where he was a Type Setter for the St. Albans Messenger. In his later years, Bob was a caregiver for several friends and grounds keeper at the Welden Villa. Survivors include his sister, Bessie May Irish of Essex, several nieces and nephews and close friends, John Sieferth and Mike Taylor. He was preceded in death by five sisters, Gladys Brooks, Jessie Webb, Dorothy Baker, Marguerite Hemphill and Marion Ryan and two brothers, Francis and Charles Ryan. His family would like to thank the staff at Franklin County Home Health for the care and support he received during the last few years. Funeral services will be private with interment to follow in the family lot in Fairfax Plains Cemetery. Honor Bob's memory with a contribution to the Franklin County Home Health Agency, 3 Home Health Circle, St. Albans, Vt. 05478. Assisting the Ryan family is the Heald Funeral Home of St. Albans where private messages of condolence are welcome at www.healdfuneralhome.com

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: