Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 06:23:38 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  rules of voting in the primary
« previous next »
: [1]
: rules of voting in the primary  ( 3947 )
sfc
: 46

« : January 28, 2012, 11:43:49 AM »

Does anyone know..

If someone is a registered Democratic, and they want to vote in the upcoming Republican race, do they have to change parties or can they vote on voting day?
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #1 : January 28, 2012, 01:32:51 PM »

it doesnt work here anyway to many democrates that call themselves republicans
fletchtb
: 310

« #2 : January 28, 2012, 05:20:47 PM »

Vermont is an open primary state meaning you can choose which ballot (Republican, Democrat, Progressive, etc.) you want to vote on the day of election.

It is not a system I particularly care for, but it is the system we have.

Thanks,
Todd
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #3 : January 28, 2012, 06:06:05 PM »

I believe when we had the last primary each voter was given 3 ballots, one for each party - They were allowed to use one of them, meaning they couldn't vote for somebody in each party, just one.  They put the ballot they used in the ballot counter and the others in a scrap box.  They were not asked like what used to happen as to what party they wanted to vote for.  If I am wrong, there are several other JPs on my forum that can post and correct me.

Henry Raymond
MikeF9
: 1994

« #4 : January 29, 2012, 09:57:25 AM »

I believe for the Presidential Primary, you are asked which party's ballot you would like. Your selection is marked down and I believe the info is given to the differernt parties. If you choose a Republican ballot, your name is given to the Republican Party. In 2000, I voted Republican in the Primary so I could vote for John McCain over GW Bush. I do remember getting Republican stuff in the mail that year.
Local and state primary, you get the three ballots, one for each party.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: