Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 01:01:57 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Fairfax Fire & Rescue Responds To 1 Car Rollover On Fletcher Road
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fairfax Fire & Rescue Responds To 1 Car Rollover On Fletcher Road  ( 2234 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 25, 2010, 07:34:47 AM »

The Fairfax Fire & Rescue responded to a one car rollover just beyond Wilkins Road last night around 11:15.  No one was transported to the hospital.  I could see cars coming down from Fletcher at a pretty good clip, so was glad to see one of the firemen parked with his red lights flashing just below my house to slow them down a bit before they got to the accident.  I gave some thought of getting my car out of the garage and putting my blinkers on before the fire and rescue got on the scene, but it did not take them long to get here.

I read in Mike Cain's blog that there were a couple of other accidents during the day yesterday, but don't know anything about them as I was out on my lawnmower most of the day.
« : April 25, 2010, 07:38:06 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #1 : April 25, 2010, 08:51:21 AM »

I watched the first five innings of the first baseball game at BFA
and came home to get Cale to Little League for 1:00pm.

At about 12:50, I heard on the scanner
"should I put out a Press Release that 15 is closed?"

I didn't hear anything more and headed to J&L Field.
As I approached Steeple Market, a loud siren made me look quickly in my rear view mirror
and I saw a State Trooper rounding the blinking light turn and coming my way,
so I pulled over and he headed across the bridge.

As I get to Swanson's, he's stopped in the middle of the road on the hill, lights on,
where a motorcycle and car had collided in the downhill lane.
Turns out the car slowed when she saw the trooper and
the motorcycle may have run into her from behind.

They were okay, Fairfax Rescue was called and the trooper headed toward Route 15.

Cale had a great practice.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : April 28, 2010, 05:58:13 PM »

Milton woman facing DUI count after car accident on Fletcher Rd.

FAIRFAX — A 24 year old woman, of Milton, was arrested for driving under the influence on Saturday night after Franklin County Sheriff's deputies reported to the scene of an accident on Fletcher Road in Fairfax.

Deputies were called to the scene at approximately 11:30 p.m.

A 2002 Hyundai Accent was on its side and the woman was standing next to the vehicle, according to a written police statement. She refused a sobriety test, but deputies report that her speech was slurred and they could smell alcohol.

She was arrested for DUI refusal.

After consulting with an attorney, she took a Breathalyzer test at 1:21 a.m. The test revealed a blood alcohol content of .177 percent, nearly twice the legal limit, police alleged.

The woman has no prior convictions for driving under the influence in Vermont and was released with a citation to , appear in Franklin County District Court.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: