Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 03:39:56 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Facebook Members A Bit Cranky With The Fox Weatherman
« previous next »
: [1]
: Facebook Members A Bit Cranky With The Fox Weatherman  ( 2964 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : January 01, 2010, 10:21:26 AM »

Got a chuckle out of a post that Jason Caterina, Fox 44 Weatherman had and how upset one of the readers was with his forecast:

FOX44 Local News Greetings and salutations all, Jason here. The models are continuing to push the storm off the coast further. But, like I said below, it does look like we will begin a prolonged snow accumulation starting tomorrow. The snapshot looks like this. Light snow Thursday thru Friday, Friday night it will pick up a bit, li...ght snow Saturday, and then it will pick up again Saturday night thru Sunday.See More
Wed at 3:51pm · Comment ·LikeUnlike · View Feedback (14)Hide Feedback (14)

FOX44 Local News Jason: By the time Sunday night rolls around, we could have a widespread 1-2 feet. Now, that being said, this is a snapshot look at what last night and this mornings model says. This is all subject to the whims of Mother Nature. For right now, that's my story and i'm sticking to it. =)

Wed at 3:53pm · ReportXXXXXX Jason, that 1-2 feet...is that here in the Champlain Valley or in the mountainous areas??

Wed at 4:00pm · ReportFOX44 Local News Craig, in a word, yes. =) Again though, the situation has been evolving over the last 24 hours. Before then it looked like we were going to get creamed Friday, now it's trending toward this more prolonged light snow. So it does look like 1-2 feet but it will be starting tomorrow and going all the way into Sunday accumulating slowly.

Wed at 4:21pm · ReportXXXXXX Thanks for the update Jason!

Wed at 4:42pm · ReportXXXXXX how can any one have a job that you lie to people every day
and still have that job with out getting fired our something happen to them

Wed at 4:43pm · ReportFOX44 Local News Jason: what do you mean Patrick, don't all politicians have jobs still? =) Seriously though, what's up? What happened to make you upset?

Wed at 4:52pm · ReportXXXXXX...I hope you are not referring to the meteorologists. The weather changes so much and so fast especially in this area. They certainly don't intend to lie about weather forecasts. I highly doubt they they all sit around and ponder how they can screw with people's lives by messing with the weather forecast. Being a TV meteorologist has gone to be one of the hardest jobs. They receive lots of criticism from the public.......... Keep up the good work guys!!

Wed at 4:57pm · ReportXXXXXX i'm not upset i'm just saying that weather men and women are lie's you should just say that we THINK the storm is coming our way and we think it's going to snow. don't tell us how much snow is coming because of what the storm did out in the mid-west
i know that you all look and say what your computer models say but there is allot of people take your word on what the weather is going to do

Wed at 5:03pm · ReportXXXXXX I Think Fox 44 Gives Us The Best Weather Coverage in our Region!! They use the best technology possible and keep us updated constantly. Obviously Mother Nature has her own theory on where to go and sometimes it's hard to predict where she is going. This is like predicting a hurricane. It's always best to prepare for the worst. Difficult to tell much we are going to get cause of the winds. Good Job Fox 44 Also ABC 22!! Keep Us Updated!!

Wed at 5:11pm · ReportFOX44 Local News Jason: Well Patrick, like Craig said, the weather changes quickly around these parts. You have to realize that the atmosphere is fluid, like water, and as in a fluid, movement is not always straight forward from one day to the next. I'm not saying we are going to get 1-2 feet because of what the storm did in the midwest. I'm looking at the ...
See More
numbers. Right now, the weather models are pointing to around an inch of LIQUID precip by Sunday night. Now it will be cold enough to support snow, it's the raio of liquid to snow that is the question. Generally the colder it gets, the higher the ratio of liquid to snow. So, if we are going to get an inch of liquid with forecasted temperatures in the 20s, i would use between a 1:12 to 1:15 ratio which multipled out, gives us 12-15 inches of snow.

Wed at 5:12pm · ReportFOX44 Local News Jason: That forecast is a snapshot of what it is looking like right now. The weather models have been trending, or moving in this direction over the last 24 hours. Before then they were calling for a big whack on Friday. That is no longer looking like the case. BUT, that is not to say the models can't change again and bring the storm Friday ...
See More
closer to shore. So the atmosphere is fluid and weather forecasting is a fluid science as well. I hope this helps. Craig is correct, we call it like we see it, not to mess with people.

Wed at 5:16pm · ReportXXXXXX Somebody's just taking the old cliché too seriously! What about the one that says if you don't like the weather, stick around for five minutes and it will change? You do a pretty darn good job keeping up in spite of the Vermont weather patterns!

Wed at 5:16pm · Report XXXXXX i will tell you right now if we get the 1-2 feet of snow i will eat my words ,but i can tell you we will not get it if we get 6"we will be lucky

Wed at 5:22pm · ReportFOX44 Local News Jason: Fair enough Patrick, but what i'm telling you right now is what it looks like RIGHT NOW. You are correct on one hand, this is a changing situation. For several days the models were pushing an INTENSE Nor'easter, they've backed off that and are moving toward this prolonged light snow, we will have to see how it pans out though. The models may continue to evolve this into nothing at all, that remains to be seen.
Wed at 5:26pm · Report

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: