Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 07:57:56 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  high school kids can take reduced cost UVM courses
« previous next »
: [1]
: high school kids can take reduced cost UVM courses  ( 3041 )
Carolyn Branagan
: 365

« : March 21, 2012, 04:00:15 PM »

As our Franklin County high school students and their parents get ready to sign up for next year's courses, it is important for them to know that Vermont high school students can take one 3-credit college class free of tuition and more classes at 50% off the regular in-state tuition rate at UVM. This is a great way for local students to be ahead of the game and comfortable in the college setting before they leave high school.  It can lighten their load the first year of college, and possibly even put them on a path to graduate early. UVM credits are highly transferable at other institutions in and out of the state. Visit www.experienceuvm.com for more information or contact me at cbranagan@leg.state.vt.us.

Representative Carolyn Branagan
Franklin-1, Fairfax/Georgia
Vermont House of Representatives

Carolyn Branagan
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #1 : March 21, 2012, 04:42:46 PM »

i always said that the amount the school is charging per student they could go to uvm,I`M RIGHT AGAIN
Thor

« #2 : March 21, 2012, 04:52:28 PM »

Ed,

If they can afford to do that for high school students, you would think they would be able to do the same thing for the kids going to UVM. Profits, profits, profits.....
mirjo
: 785

« #3 : March 25, 2012, 07:15:13 PM »

The biggest ripoff is the room & meals plan colleges charge. It's much, much less expensive to live off campus and pay rent/utilities etc., than pay double the cost of tuition (for state schools anyway) just to live in the dorms and eat. My guess is that's where the profits come from. Education needs to be affordable and everyone should have access to it. It doesn't matter whether it's college or  some other type of  training. 

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
: [1]  
« previous next »
: