Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 09:14:08 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Academic All-Stars: BFA Fairfax
« previous next »
: [1]
: Academic All-Stars: BFA Fairfax  ( 1688 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 24, 2016, 12:44:19 PM »

EVE THORSEN
FREE PRESS CORRESPONDENT

India Hoover
School: BFA-Fairfax
Parents: Jason and PamHoover
Hometown: Westford

Top 5 accomplish-ments: Successfully creating my own student mentoring curriculum for when I mentor students with hearing loss, 2016 Girls Ultimate Frisbee State Champions, Poetry Out Loud State semi-finalist, school representative for the Hugh O'Brien Youth Leadership Conference (HOBY), throughout high school I balanced school, sports, and a part time job while maintaining a 4.0 GPA, receiving first honors every semester and ended up ranking 5th in my class of 7S students. In the community: I participated in many community service projects through National Honor Society such as blood drives, doing crafts with elementary students, organizing Operation Christmas Child, and more. i also mentored five hard of hearing students from different schools on a weekly basis to teach them more about their hearing loss and how they could advocate for themselves.  Favorite spare time adivity: Dancing After graduation: University of Wyoming Career plans: Disability Law Your bedroom in one word: Explosive Dead person to meet: If I could meet any dead person, I would want to meet Walt Disney because of everything he created. I love Disney movies as they were a large part of my childhood, and are still a large part of my life today. Mickey Mouse always has a place in our house! He, and everything he built, inspires kids to dream and achieve their dreams. No one is ever too old for a Disney movie! Your biography title: India Hoover: The Short Edition (For those of you who don't know me, I'm a very tiny 4'10") Three 'luxuries' on a desert island: music, good books and a hammock Personal motto: "My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive;  and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style." Maya Angelou

Geoffrey Schukei
School: BFA-Fairfax
Parents: Rob and Lisa Schukei
Hometown: Fairfax

Top 5 accomplisments: Fourth highest scorer in the state of Vermont for Scholars Bowl, qualifying for the NAQT National Small Schools championship in Scholars Bowl, winning excellence in acting at Regional Drama Festival, being inducted into National Honor Society, earning multiple scholarships.  In the community: Spearheaded local holiday food drive, clean and maintain Church Parsonage.  Favorite spare time acivity: Travelling or listening to music.     After    graduation: CCV/UVM.  Career plans: Hope to pursue some sort of career in geography, particularly in the field of cartography and mapping Your bedroom in one word: Unorganized.  Dead person to meet: Theodore Roosevelt because he was a traveler and cared about preserving our country's beauty. Your biography title: The long traveled highway Three 'luxuries' on a desert island: Something to listen to music with and watch videos, a map, a nonfiction history book to read    Personal    motto: Reaching your destination is only half the journey.

« : July 24, 2016, 01:12:02 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: