Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 12:32:03 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Picture of the Day 4/2/09 and Blog- The Soaps
« previous next »
: [1]
: Picture of the Day 4/2/09 and Blog- The Soaps  ( 2825 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : April 01, 2009, 11:01:39 PM »

Picture of the Day April 2, 2009

A lonely seagull flying overhead a couple of weeks ago.

THE SOAPS
Henry mentioned this is in one of his articles, and I saw it on the CNN site at suppertime about Guilding Light ending after a 72 year run.
Mom and Margie used to watch all the soap operas, well, the ones on CBS. I remember all the titles that used to be on CBS back in the day, because you could make a sentence out of all of them. "Love Of Life- The Young and the Restless Search For Tomorrow As the World Turns The Guilding Light".
I can even remember a couple of them used to be 15 minutes long.
Never watched the ones on NBC. The only one we saw on ABC was Dark Shadows. Then my brother and friends happened to catch the tail end of the one before, and some woman had a split personality. They thought that one was interesting, so they would tune into that one as well. It wasn't General Hospital. But I can't remember the name of it.
Anyway....................
Guilding Light. I just remember the Bauers and the Spauldings, and the evil guy Roger. I remember when Kevin Bacon was on.
It's fun to remember back when big stars were on the soaps. David Hasslehoff was Snapper on Y&R. Ray Wise(the Devil on "Reaper") was on Love of Life. Kate Jackson was on Dark Shadows.
The biggest mistake a person could make was to be watching a soap with a fan, and ask, "Why is that person upset?". You will get the Readers Digest condensed version of a year-long storyline in a 15 minute rant. And you really didn't care to begin with. You were hoping for a short answer.
So what's going to happen to the 3pm slot? Local programming? More Dr. Phil or Rachael Ray? Judge Thomas?
It will be different.

I need to take some fresh pictures. Had to hunt around for today's.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: