Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 07:51:25 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Special Holiday Foods
« previous next »
: [1]
: Special Holiday Foods  ( 6403 )
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« : December 23, 2011, 11:28:23 AM »

Each year I always look forward to those special food items my family and I make for the holidays.  Many foods are now a tradition as we "gotta" have them during Christmas.

We each have our specialty from Pineapple Cookies to Prime Rib! 

One sister is the cinnamon rolls, another is the pineapple cookies and peanut butter cookies with hershey's kisses, my brother in law makes the best cheesecake, and my Dad has his special fudge. Together we all pitch in to do the meals.  Me, I am the appetizer girl.  Deviled eggs, meatballs, spinach dip, and each year I try to find something new to try; this year it is buffalo chicken dip!

What are your favorite Holiday Foods?

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : December 23, 2011, 12:09:28 PM »

I am so very fortunate - The girls are all good cooks, as was their mother who always had rough measurements and then at the end always through in "Flavor To Taste"

Henry Raymond
Kathleen
: 167

« #2 : December 23, 2011, 02:49:47 PM »

Ever since I made a 1" high cake when I was younger and a few brave but failed attempts since; I am the family member that is designated to bring the soda or plain vegetables.  Big Sigh ... I'm okay with my shortcomings because I am also the entertainer of the gatherings.  We can't all be good at everything.
7F24
: 253

« #3 : December 24, 2011, 10:54:11 AM »

Buffalo Chicken Dip?  Doesn't sound like a Christmas dish....but it sure does sound good!  Recipe????
Terri Santee
: 77

« #4 : December 24, 2011, 07:11:13 PM »

I made Buffalo chicken dip today.....it was a big hit here! Merry Christmas Everyone!
7F24

« #5 : December 25, 2011, 06:09:12 PM »

I'm full!  Still thinking about that Buffalo chicken dip though, maybe New Years eve.   Merry Christmas everyone!
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #6 : December 27, 2011, 06:25:21 PM »

Buffalo Chicken Dip!  And it is delicious and very easy to make.

2 Large cans of Chicken
1/2 cup hot sauce
1/2 cup ranch dressing
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
8 oz. cream cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees...
Combine all ingredients in a saucepan till mixed well, spread 9x9 baking pan, top with more shredded cheddar
bake for 25 minutes and serve with tostitos!

I did mine by combining all the ingredients in a saucepan and then I put it in the crockpot on low and let it mix that way and then made it easy to keep it warm.

ENJOY!

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
formerfxfd15
: 21

« #7 : December 27, 2011, 06:32:52 PM »

Hey Tom: I make the same recipe except I use
        Franks Hot Wing sauce
        1/2c blue cheese instead of Ranch
        2c. roasted chicken, chopped instead of canned

always a hit, no matter how you make it!  It all tastes great.
7F24

« #8 : December 28, 2011, 06:35:54 AM »

Thanks
Lilone
: 81

« #9 : December 28, 2011, 02:29:35 PM »

I make my bulffalo dip like a lasagne but I use cheddar and mozzerella.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: