Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 04:54:36 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Dr. Roger Mann To Turn 100 In December
« previous next »
: [1]
: Dr. Roger Mann To Turn 100 In December  ( 3808 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : October 03, 2011, 08:17:29 AM »

We had quite a few Fairfax residents who went to Jeffersonville for the birth of their babies.  When I did the Genealogy for the town of Fairfax I remember running across a lot of births that said Jeffersonville.  I was brought up in Fairfield being served by another Old Country Doctor who lived in Bakersfield by the name of Dr. Abernathy and found the story of Dr. Roger Mann quite interesting.  I don't know how these old Country Doctors did it, but they sure did a great service for many.  Check out the story in today's Burlington Free Press at:

Henry Raymond
Suzy
: 429

« #1 : October 03, 2011, 10:26:08 AM »

That's a really great article, Henry!  Thanks for sharing it, I enjoyed reading it!  (the part about the donuts and freshly baked goods made me laugh!)
Suzy
msm
: 211

« #2 : October 03, 2011, 12:07:46 PM »

Dr. Mann was Gramp and Gram's Docter  -- they thought the world of him.

Mike M .

FRI -- Gramp =  Raymond McNall
         Gram =   Vera McNall
Suzy
: 429

« #3 : October 03, 2011, 01:04:40 PM »

I remember my Grandfather, Lee Kneeland, talking about him too!  :D
I sure do miss those grandparents of mine!  Squeeze 'em if you got 'em! 
Love,
Suzy
lena6
: 357

« #4 : October 03, 2011, 02:04:28 PM »

My youngest brother was born at Dr. Mann's hospital.  Of couse we lived in Cambridge at the time.  I went to him when I first got married.  Nice man, but quiet.  He has thousands of books.  Or he did have.
chelseaclark
: 54

« #5 : October 03, 2011, 06:16:24 PM »

Lovely article!  Thank you for sharing.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: