Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 03:38:17 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Rumor Has It???
« previous next »
: [1]
: Rumor Has It???  ( 7133 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : December 31, 2008, 04:31:01 PM »

A reliable source has stated that possibly you may be able to find some fresh hamburg to buy, should you wish, at one of the two convenience outlets here in town shortly.

Chris Santee's web site states that many people are making calls for available funds for Pierre to rebuild - Those things however do take time and it would be good if something like that could be made available.  Meanwhile, if you are close to Fletcher, I understand the Fletcher General Store also carries fresh meats, although I am not sure how large a variety.
« : December 31, 2008, 04:34:55 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
formerfairfaxion
: 9

« #1 : January 01, 2009, 09:53:02 AM »

Another option for folks looking for fresh meat is the Georgia Market. Although it's not in Fairfax it's closer than St Albans or Milton.
Prices on a lot of items is lower than the big chains. (a gallon of Booth Brothers milk this week is $2.89)
Henry
Administrator

« #2 : January 01, 2009, 10:02:01 AM »

I always get confused with Georgia Market - Are you talking about the one at the end of 104A or the one in Georgia Center that used to be Fieldings years ago??

Henry Raymond
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #3 : January 01, 2009, 10:10:42 AM »

Fletcher General Store is also looking for part-time help.
20 hours a week.
Afternoons, evenings and weekends.
Cashier/deli.
849-6292

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
greenek
: 54

« #4 : January 01, 2009, 10:32:56 AM »

Georgia Market is at the end of Route 104A, heading south on Route 7. We do get their weekly sales flyer in the mail, and they do seem to have good prices. I've stopped in there a couple of times, and they seemed to have a decent variety there.
Henry
Administrator

« #5 : January 01, 2009, 12:01:14 PM »

Hi Henry,
Cambridge General Store has a very nice meat selection, usually quite reasonable. They have sales quite frequently. They also have a good supply of staple groceries, reasonably priced.

JoAnne

Henry Raymond
slpott
: 457

« #6 : January 01, 2009, 07:04:00 PM »

I did not even know there was such a store in Georgia but after hearing about it, my family and I went there and was totally impressed. It is a fairly large store in comparison and had many items. Some items were cheaper than the big stores. Thanks for the share, however, I would love to see another store in Fairfax. I think it would be a great opportunity to go big. We need it.  I also like the Cambridge Market and their sandwiches are out of this world.
chelseaclark
: 54

« #7 : January 01, 2009, 08:18:02 PM »

I checked out Georgia Market this week and was very pleased with the selection and friendly service.

I also want to mention Boyden Farm http://www.boydenfarm.com/imarket.htm l as a great option for meats. They have their high quality beef as well as Misty Knoll Chicken.  The Milkhouse Market hours are Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. (I think those hours are different than the winery which is open daily.)
formerfairfaxion
: 9

« #8 : January 02, 2009, 05:10:41 AM »

Henry,
Seems like a lot of folks confuse Georgia Market (at the end of 104A) & the ABC store in Georgia Center.
When my mother saw their ad in the Buyers Digest every week she thought it was for the ABC Store.

Also wanted to mention they have some great soups in their deli, a wonderful thing with these subzero temperatures!!!

I agree Fairfax needs their own store but until that happens why not support some of the local stores mentioned in this post?
cassyt
: 84

« #9 : January 02, 2009, 04:16:48 PM »

I have been to both Cambridge and Georgia market and they both have real good meat have got a lot of meat in Cambridge they have a lot of good buys at both stores but I sure hope we get a store back in town we need something for people like me that hates to drive in bad weather.
Razzle Dazzle

« #10 : January 02, 2009, 05:02:10 PM »

I have been to both Cambridge and Georgia market and they both have real good meat have got a lot of meat in Cambridge they have a lot of good buys at both stores but I sure hope we get a store back in town we need something for people like me that hates to drive in bad weather.

Same here.  Thanks.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: