Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 03:17:12 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  No Umbrellas Allowed At Elton John's Concert
« previous next »
: [1]
: No Umbrellas Allowed At Elton John's Concert  ( 6405 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 21, 2008, 08:07:19 AM »

Saw a bunch of people walking down the hill towards Winooski last night with back packs and all kinds of homemade ponchos - Apparently they were some of the people that spent 7 hours in the rain at the WOKO Concert.

Well, tonight might be a good time for anyone not up in the grand stands to work on their homemade ponchos as umbrellas are not allowed at the concert according to the following article, although I don't know if anyone from Fairfax plans to attend the concert or not.

Elton John fans encouraged to prepare ponchos

ESSEX JUNCTION — If it’s raining and you’ve got a ticket to the Elton John concert at the Champlain Valley Exposition tonight, do not bring your umbrella.

Umbrellas are not allowed, but attendees are encouraged to bring proper rain gear. Only those in the grandstand will be covered, though the area is still open to the elements.

More than 10,000 people are expected to attend the sold-out performance of Elton John’s 2008 “Rocket Man – Number Ones” tour.

Exposition grounds will open for parking at 5 p.m. on Monday using the main entrance Gate B off Vermont 15 and Gate E off U.S. 2A.

Because of the size of the expected crowd, tailgate picnics, coolers, bottles or cans are not allowed.

Depending on the weather conditions, indoor space in Expo North will be available prior to the concert doors opening at 6:30 p.m. All seats are reserved in the Coca-Cola Grandstand and the show is sold out.

Officials are encouraging people to arrive well ahead of the 8 p.m. concert. Food and drinks will be available for purchase.

For updates on the concert, visit www.cvexpo.org

Henry Raymond
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #1 : July 21, 2008, 01:16:16 PM »

He was here in Anchorage in June and did 3 shows. All were sold out.

Everyone raved about the show so go if you can.

I went fishing.
MikeF9
: 1994

« #2 : July 21, 2008, 06:47:00 PM »

My sister, Margie, went to the concert tonight. I will post her review.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
MikeF9

« #3 : July 22, 2008, 02:56:27 PM »

Margie likened the concert to a spiritual experience.  She was on Cloud Nine telling me about it. She got some pictures and will be doing a review for my site. Other Fairfax people were there.
She was in row 4.

MikeF9

« #4 : July 22, 2008, 11:16:42 PM »

Margie's review and pictures are on my site.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze7krm0

cassyt
: 84

« #5 : July 23, 2008, 08:27:34 PM »

margie did a great job on her review.
Mojovt
: 77

« #6 : July 23, 2008, 09:40:20 PM »

Margie likened the concert to a spiritual experience.

My Step-mom was there too, and she said something similar about the show. I wish I could have gone....

Scott Day
Suzy
: 429

« #7 : July 23, 2008, 11:25:55 PM »

is the link to a video about the concert.  The Youtube channel is done by a woman named Eva from Burlington.  Her channel-series is called StuckinVermont.  I love her videos!  This one about the Elton John concert is really a treat!  I love the end of the video!  Hope you all enjoy it too!
« : July 24, 2008, 07:19:44 AM Henry »
mirjo
: 785

« #8 : July 24, 2008, 09:13:23 AM »

Here'a a Cinderella concert story for ya:

Although I didnt get to see Elton John (and would have loved to!), I have an aunt who is a fan much the same as Margie Cain is--she was unable to get tickets when they went onsale. A week before the show she heard more tickets were available and tried again only to be told she could be put on a waiting list. Deciding a waiting list was as close as she was going to get to Sir Elton this time around, she agreed and started looking ahead to some future show in CT in Nov. Monday (day of the concert) she received a call and had tickets available for the 2nd row. She was also interviewed by Fox 44 news. I think she's still somewhere in the stratosphere.

Suzy-enjoyed that Youtube video--thanks! Esp. "Beanie" & the Jets and "What accent?"

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #9 : July 24, 2008, 10:16:27 AM »

I saw the interview on TV Fox 44, but didn't realize she was a relative of Lisa.  Click on the link below to see if you wish:

http://www.fox44.net/global/video/popup/pop_player.asp?clipId1=2716637&at1=News&vt1=v&h1=Elton+John+%2D+Part+1&d1=44067&redirUrl=www.fox44.net&activePane=info&LaunchPageAdTag=homepage&clipFormat=&playerVersion=1&hostPageUrl=http%3A//www.fox44.net/global/video/popup/pop_playerLaunch.asp%3FclipId1%3D2716637%26at1%3DNews%26vt1%3Dv%26h1%3DElton+John+%252D+Part+1%26d1%3D44067%26redirUrl%3Dwww.fox44.net%26activePane%3Dinfo%26LaunchPageAdTag%3Dhomepage%26clipFormat%3D&rnd=91603925

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: